Amazing animal couriers!

Bimbobread

:animal-dog::animal-cat::animal-cat: I shipped my Border Collie and two cats to Melbourne from the UK. Lesley O Sullivan from Animal Couriers made the whole process so easy! We had some trouble with a "Human Error" at the vets. They wrote the wrong microchip number down for one of our cats and we had to redo the whole of the rabies and blood test process over!!! We had to leave without the animals due to the Vet's assistants mistake. Lesley organised boarding for our trio down south and then handled all the paperwork and organised all the flights and export and import permits. When they were ready to be flown over there wasn't any space in Melbourne quarantine and Lesley organised them to be flown to Sydney which meant we were able to get them a month earlier than if we had waited for space in Melbourne.

Animal Couriers emailed us all the time with up dates and sent us pictures and included us on their blog. They used Burntwood Boarding Kennels in West Sussex who looked after our pets as if they were their own and now they are here safe and sound.

I would recommend Animal Couriers highly to anyone who is making the move to Oz. Just though I'd share my experience :)

Guest guest41161

Can I ask how much to ship your collie. (Pm me if you prefer).

Maybe be moving back at end of year, and have a golden retriever puppy, which makes it difficult as cannot measure or weigh what he will be at time of shipping!

cheers

Can I ask how much to ship your collie. (Pm me if you prefer).

Maybe be moving back at end of year, and have a golden retriever puppy, which makes it difficult as cannot measure or weigh what he will be at time of shipping!

cheers

If you are meaning UK to Aus you could be looking in the ballpark of £3-4,000 for a full grown retriever. That doesn't include quarantine costs or shipping within Aus.

You may get a bit cheaper but given what I read on costs on here for various sizes, I'd think somewhere close to that. That's all the vet work, bloods, vaccines etc as well as shipping.

Retrievers are a large breed, it's based on size not weight, so depends how tall he grows really. They make the crate to fit the dog.

Guest guest41161
You may get a bit cheaper but given what I read on costs on here for various sizes, I'd think somewhere close to that. That's all the vet work, bloods, vaccines etc as well as shipping.

Retrievers are a large breed, it's based on size not weight, so depends how tall he grows really. They make the crate to fit the dog.

Thats part of the issue as he is only 4months old at present, so have no idea what size he will be when/if we decide to go back. If we wait till he's fully grown, could be in strife as he was biggest boy in the litter and could be heading to a 40kg dog. But he is beautiful and will not be left behind!

• 3 weeks later...