Recommendations for Dog Shipping

Guest clairewalks

Guest clairewalks

Hi,

We are looking at shipping our dog over from London to Sydney. Can anyone recommend a good shipper. I have got a few quotes and are currently looking at airpets or tranfur. Has anyone used these guys and had good/bad experiences?

Thanks

Claire

Bob is very helpful - even to me and we're not one of his clients!

We're using Jets4Pets and they've been good too - not as many frills as Petair offered, but you get what you pay for I suppose - they've still been able to answer most of my questions so far. Transfur were also on my shortlist I think.

I took a particular dislike to one company (none that you've mentioned - and not mentioned on here at all that I've seen) due to their poor attention to detail when preparing quotes, and also their lack of response to my complaint. (I wasn't pleased that they kept trying to send our cat to adelaide, particularly when Satch is a dog going to Melbourne)

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Claire, we arrived in Oz 4 weeks ago, our dogs are at Sydney at the moment in quarantine, we used Par air in Colchester, they were very reasonably priced as we have 2 large German Sheperds cost was important. We did the whole thing with them including blood tests fleaing, worming, permits and all. They arrived in Sydney healthy & happy, think I was more stressed about their journey than they were.

Now looking forward to them joining us after another flight from Sydney to Brisbane on 9th October.

Lesley:wink:

Guest mandi1971
hi guys we have been looking at bringing our jack russell over at the moment we have been given a quote for £4500 does this sound reasonable now this includes vet fees, quarrantine, etc etc

wow that sounds way over priced to me, we were quoted £1500 for alfie and hes a ****zu, on top of that we had the vet bills and quarantine, all came to about £2500 and i thought that was expensive :wideeyed:

Our quote was with golden arrow

Mandi x

wow that sounds way over priced to me, we were quoted £1500 for alfie and hes a ****zu, on top of that we had the vet bills and quarantine, all came to about £2500 and i thought that was expensive :wideeyed:

Our quote was with golden arrow

Mandi x

so its not just me and my hubby who thought it was really dear :no: think i will have to try a few more places including your one and see what they say the problem is i have contacted a load of them and they just dont seem to return the call. if i got it for £2500 i would be really happy about that :smile:

Guest Karen and Colin

We are using Golden Arrow to send our Springer Spaniel. We went to visit them before we signed up and they were really helpful and have a great set-up. They have been in the business for over 30 years.

Guest bindog1uk
hi guys we have been looking at bringing our jack russell over at the moment we have been given a quote for £4500 does this sound reasonable now this includes vet fees, quarrantine, etc etc

Thats really expensive, our too large German Sheperds, with a month boarding in the U.K due to our vet giving Lepto vac when they shouldn't have, we had to wait for bloods to clear, all treatments & checks, flights, Quarantine in Sydney & flights to Brisbane Total cost around £8,000.

Please make sure that when your dogs have their annual boosters that the vet doesn't include Leptosperosis vacine, we have had problems due to our vet giving our dogs this vacine as it shows as possative in their blood tests and you have to wait for it to clear.

You tend to worry more than your dogs do about their journey, just think possative that one day they will be joining you again, hope this helps :wink: Lesley

We're using Jets4Pets for our lab and for the permits and flight stuff it's £2400-, plus about £200 vet costs (fingers crossed she passes first time!) and the quarantine bill at the end (paid in aus). All up it's going to be about £3500-

There was a huge range in prices quoted for our girl, they were one of the cheaper, but the most expensive was almost double - and didn't include permits!!

Have a look at exactly what they're offering for the cost, and also what size container they're quoting for. We're on a tight budget, so elected to go for less frills (not being personally met at the airport for example) to save money, but also went for people who could answer my questions (and trust me I asked a LOT).

Oh and we rejected a company who quoted us to send our cat to adelaide. (In case there's any confusion see my avatar for a picture of our Satch DOG who's going to Melbourne!)

:)

Guest mandi1971
just off the phone to them there soooooo helpful and understanding. am getting measurement to them tomorrow :biggrin: hopefully have got things sorted

thank you all for helping

Ah thats great news, hope you get a good price hun xx

Ah thats great news, hope you get a good price hun xx

hi ya we are using golden arrow for our bullterrier,we fly to perth 1/1/12,hopefully can get the him out before xmas,exciting time ahead:smile:

There's no solid answer on that I'm afraid - it clears quickly for some, and takes ages for others..

If you're worried, you could always get your vet to test his titre now and see what it looks like? It'll cost more, but might settle your mind....

Don't forget flights and quarantine are booking up quickly with the change in rules come 1st January, so it's probably a good idea to get his Rabies shot done as well just in case!

There's no solid answer on that I'm afraid - it clears quickly for some, and takes ages for others..

If you're worried, you could always get your vet to test his titre now and see what it looks like? It'll cost more, but might settle your mind....

Don't forget flights and quarantine are booking up quickly with the change in rules come 1st January, so it's probably a good idea to get his Rabies shot done as well just in case!

thanks for the reply we have got him booked in for sunday at the vets hopfully gets the all clear. m not sure if we can book flights and quarantine yet due to us not having our visa granted, the company who is sortin that out said they should be granted between 4 to 6 weeks as you can imagine things are hectic

Have you got some prices yet for shipping? Most people use a special travel agent and they'll be able to talk you through everything, including lepto and visa stuff. Plus he'll need an import permit which can take a few weeks...

Some airlines refuse to deal directly with pet owners and insist you use an agent (I'm using one, and I'm usually very much a DIY person !)

Good luck!!