Where should I spend Christmas day?

Guest Andthomp83

Guest Andthomp83

Hi,

I'm moving to Oz in November and doing some travelling up to xmas and new year, I'm undecided about where to spend xmas though, should I come back to Sydney, Cairns or Melbourne? help?? all suggestions welcome?

Hard to help you out on this one, have you family or friends in one of the areas that you would prefer to spend your time with? If not well at a random answer I would say Sydney, as see the fireworks display for the new year once on the TV and it was amazing !!

Good luck and have a merry Christmas and Happy New Year where ever you decide to be !

Guest donovan

where ever but deffo on the beach, I would love to do Sydney for the new year to see all the fireworks (maybe one day)!

Sarah x

Guest ajgwa

well if you're near brisbane and at a loose end i am thinking of stradbrooke for the day with a barbie - or getting a boat our somewhere nearby which some mates did last year and really enjoyed. come along!

Guest donovan
There aint no beach at Cairns just mud and crocs.

Stay clear of Cairns over Crimbo then, lol

Sarah x

Guest Pinhead
Hi,

I'm moving to Oz in November and doing some travelling up to xmas and new year, I'm undecided about where to spend xmas though, should I come back to Sydney, Cairns or Melbourne? help?? all suggestions welcome?

Easy, Boxing Day test match at the MCG:jiggy:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Australia

Hey Hubbie and me stayed in the sunshine coast: Mijimba bout 3 years ago and had one of the best christmas dinners ever at the Twin Waters resort, all the turkey trimmings etc but also fresh prawns mussels, crabs etc... and flowing wine it was the best!!!Highly recommend it!!

Then get a flight to Sydney and watch the fireworks for Newyear there fab!!!:jiggy:

Kirstie and Marc xx:notworthy:

Guest Jillaroo

Hi! I'm flying to Brissy on my own next month and am also thinking about where to spend Xmas (am waiting for my perm visa). I don't really know many people in Oz, but I'm sure I'll have a great time wherever I end up! I'm a single 30something so the Gold Coast could be quite good fun (tho I feel a bit old now for backpacker nights out!) ... but I really love the Sunny Coast, so will probably chill out on the beach somewhere up that way, possibly on my own, maybe not, who knows... you never know who you will meet when travelling!

I spent Xmas and NYE '06 in Melbourne and had a blast(!) so would definitely recommend that, tho I did spend that week with a group of friends I had met on my travels, a sort of reunion, so perhaps I'm biased.

Anyway, if anyone is planning on having a barby on the beach somewhere near Mooloolaba, and spots a girl sitting on her own then please give me a shout as I'd probably love join you for a Xmas beer!!!! :-) x

Archived