Mount Morgan Mine

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

@Bobj recommended this to us and I have to say it was a super place in fact we were only talking about it yesterday. The only way you can view the mine is to go on a guided tour. They use to allow access to a cave system that was full of fossils unfortunately due to health and safety they are no longer permitted to take people inside the caves only the mine.

Mount Morgan Mine was the largest Gold Mine in the world.

Mount Morgan Mine was a copper, gold and silver mine in Queensland, Australia. Mining began at Mount Morgan in 1882 and continued until 1981. Over its lifespan, the mine yielded approximately 262 tonnes of gold, 37 tonnes of silver and 387,000 tonnes of copper.The mine was once the largest gold mine in the world.[2]

The Walter And Eliza Hall Institute For Medical Research was founded by Mount Morgan Goldmine.

[h=3]Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research[/h] Walter Russell Hall was also a member of the original Mount Morgan Gold Mine syndicate. Substantial personal wealth of Walter Russell Hall was bequeathed on his death in 1912 to establish the Walter and Eliza Hall Trust. The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research was established from the trust in 1915.

Cheers, Bobj.