Nice pictures of rural Australia here

amibovered

Fields of tulips in the north west coast of Tasmania.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31078[/ATTACH]

Fields of lavender in the north east of Tasmania.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31079[/ATTACH]

I've got an almost identical shot to your first somewhere...........the same lighthouse but with shallots growing leading up to the lighthouse

I didn't take them :cute: The tulip fields are at their best in October and the lavender fields in December and January.

I got whacked on the electric fence taking a shot of the poppy fields. I should have guessed it was electrified by the trespassers sign. They grow 'em for codeine production apparently.............those that aren't nicked by the locals I guess! :-)

Dry, barren and often brown. I grew up in an area that for much of the year was brown and dry and it turned me off that sort of countryside forever.

you always judge all of oz by the little bit you saw. this is the countryside near where i live in nsw. not dry, barren or brown. oz is massive & much more diverse than the uk. you should try to remember that.

image.jpg

image.jpg

you always judge all of oz by the little bit you saw. this is the countryside near where i live in nsw. not dry, barren or brown. oz is massive & much more diverse than the uk. you should try to remember that.

Wow!!! lucky you :)

I got whacked on the electric fence taking a shot of the poppy fields. I should have guessed it was electrified by the trespassers sign. They grow 'em for codeine production apparently.............those that aren't nicked by the locals I guess! :-)

There are acres of opium poppy fields near Devonport. They are harvested and used in codeine and morphine. In spite of the electric fences and danger signs, a German backpacker died earlier this year when he managed to get a hold of some of the poppies and brewed tea with them and drank it :frown:

Poppy fiields

Cressy PB150053[1].jpg

Danger signs

076568-7f815318-bfb2-11e3-b362-fbc371d40a1d[1].jpg

Cressy PB150053[1].jpg

076568-7f815318-bfb2-11e3-b362-fbc371d40a1d[1].jpg

There are acres of opium poppy fields near Devonport. They are harvested and used in codeine and morphine. In spite of the electric fences and danger signs, a German backpacker died earlier this year when he managed to get a hold of some of the poppies and brewed tea with them and drank it :frown:

Poppy fiields

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31088[/ATTACH]

Danger signs

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31089[/ATTACH]

With this image, I tried to create a feeling of the misery that the poppy gives rise to throughout the world

20806060885_49231fb4a9_b.jpgPoppy Field, Tasmania by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31086[/ATTACH][/QUOT

E]

Not at all, I saw lots of it over the years.

• 2 weeks later...
Richmond, Tasmania

A historic bridge that one. Been there. Went there to photograph the church and then on to photograph the church at Bothwell. A friend of mine asked me to go to Bothy as her great, great grandfather was married there. He was a penal labourer on the estate there who got deported for knicking a pair of stays off a washing line. He earned his freedom, married a local girl and lived and died there. She was over the moon when I brought her back a pic of the church and some leaflets from inside depicting the history as her gg granddad was mentioned

9259335692_2e39be12d4_b.jpgSt Luke's Church, Bothwell, Tasmania (HDR) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

9256569555_f729ba065f_b.jpgSt Luke's Church, Bothwell, Tasmania (HDR) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

And just down the road at Gretna, it looked like the drought was finally breaking!

9715802856_9a8fa81ae4_b.jpgSt Mary's Anglican Church, Gretna,Tasmania (HDR) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

Edited by Johndoe