Port Douglas

Tickled Pink

I'm going on holiday to Port Douglas - anyone been?? any recommendations of places to eat, things to see etc etc??

as far as eating, my favourite is Salsa's......Cafe Fresque is good for breakfast and lunch.....The Surf Life saving Club is also good value and even the Courthouse Hotel is a good place for a beer and a counter meal..........if you want one of the best pies around, try Mocka's Pies (bit of a PD institution)

• 2 weeks later...

We ate in the RSL (not actually an RSL but similar) on the waterfront. We found the food to be very good, prices reasonable and the location possibly the best in town.

One gripe - we were there on ANZAC day and several restaurants (the Chinese at the far end of the main street being one of them) had added a surcharge to the menu. That really got on my nerves, so we walked straight back out. Not paying a surcharge on one of the busiest days of the year just because the staff costs are higher - get real.

Nice place though. Loads to do. Agincourt reef trips are expensive but fun.