Back from Holiday Day Dream Island & Cairns

carlhall

Got back this morning from our ten days around Day Dream Island and up to Cairns, It was a very busy break but very enjoyable. Unfortunately I was unable to connect to the internet so I have waited till I got home to post some pics. We visited day Dream Island, Cairns, Port Douglas, Atherton Tablelands and Daintree river and the Rain Forest it was a very busy 10 days but well worth the effort to see areas I may never have another chance to see.

Whitsunday islands.jpg

3m croc.jpg

boardwalk.jpg

Coast Guard.jpg

DDI north.jpg

Mearmain blur.jpg

Tourist boat Cairns Marina.jpg

Rays DDI.jpg

3m croc.jpg

boardwalk.jpg

Coast Guard.jpg

DDI north.jpg

Mearmain blur.jpg

Tourist boat Cairns Marina.jpg

Rays DDI.jpg

Whitsunday islands.jpg

Do it!

As I did it many years ago, I went up on the coast road and returned on the inland road. Some great scenes to be seencamera.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

I think if we ever do it again it will either be a road trip or fly up there. I would not recommend the overnight journey on the "Spirit of Queensland" The Railbeds are in my opinion a mobile torture chamber, Unfortunately the "Sunlander" service that we used on the return journey is much better but it is being scrapped this year. .

The scenery is absolutely breathtaking and it is something everyone should try to see. I took over a 1000 photos and I will be sorting them out for weeks. :wink:

Guest The Pom Queen

I took over a 1000 photos and I will be sorting them out for weeks. :wink:
hope we get to see them :wink:

Hope the weather stayed fine for you we have had a very strange dry season up here so far this year.

Weather was good but a bit windy on Day Dream island, Cairns we managed to avoid the showers that were floating around. Wednesday afternoon was our only real free time but we avoided a shower by taking a well earned rest in the Hotel. Most of our group were pleased with how warm it was but we said it was decidedly chilly at times. I think around mid 20's. :biglaugh:

I still haven't been north of Gympie. One day, I will get into my old Corolla and see how far I can go.

That is our plan when we arrive next year. Intending to ship our car ahead of us, get to Brisbane in July and drive north. Get back to Brisbane in time to meet our container and for our daughter to start school at beginning of October. Can't wait and the pictures on this thread are great.

Guest The Pom Queen

I took a friend on sky rail recently, she didn't tell me she was afraid of heights until we had boarded the cable car, oops :laugh:

Guest The Pom Queen
After spending a week in Port Douglas recently I don't think I'll bother going overseas again for a holiday. It's beautiful, cheap, clean, safe, no hassles and it's only a 3 hour flight from Melbourne.

And it has the only beach around here that has sun lounges and parasols to hire.

I took a friend on sky rail recently, she didn't tell me she was afraid of heights until we had boarded the cable car, oops :laugh:

I take it you went in a normal gondola and not one of these with the glass bottom. I declined the offer of traveling in one of these. :twitcy:

Diamond View.jpg

Photo courtesy of Skyrail.....

Diamond View.jpg