Monuments to Aussie Industry

Guest austibeach

Guest austibeach

I don't really consider them as must see, but it is a bit of fun as you drive around Australia ; spotting all the giant "monuments" to Aussie industry. We have gazed upon the Big Banana at Coffs Harbour, the Big Potato, at Robertson, The Big Sheep, at Goulburn ( I think), the Big Avocado, somewhere in northern NSW and the Big Guitar at Tamworth. There are loads more, like the Big Prawn, the Big Cow at Rockhampton, ...or is it a Bull ?,

but the one we have never found; and it must be somewhere; is the Big Fly. There are so many flies in Australia, they must breed them somewhere.

Maybe you have seen some others ?

Eric.

Guest BullcreekBob

There's the big Crayfish at Robe. And the big apple at Donnybrook.

You used to be able to climb up inside the big sheep in Goulburn and lookout through its eyes. When nearby, I overheard a child saying "Look Mummy, the sheep's crying" I won't say what the group of lads in the lookout were doing, but I can assure you the sheep wasn't crying.

Guest dwaldron

There's the big bee on the Sunshine Coast, is that close enough? Don't forget the big oyster in Taree will you...

Guest austibeach

That's it folks, keep 'em coming, I'm sure you could have a grand tour of Australia just visiting these "monuments". I'm glad BullcreekBob confirmed the big sheep was indeed Goulburn.........my memory isn't what it used to be !

Eric.

Guest Abi&Dan

I might be making this up - but I have a rememberance of a giant Pineapple somewere in Brissy from about 20 years ago!

Guest austibeach

I just remembered, there is actually a Big Mosquito as well, at Hexham in NSW.

Eric.

Archived