Britz Campervans

Guest guest17301

Guest guest17301

Has anyone any experience of renting a campervan from Britz to see a bit of Australia. Thinking of renting one in June to go up the coast.....hints tips/pros/cons/advice?????

Guest The Pom Queen

Yes twice now and would do it again and again, loved getting out and exploring. If you are with the RACV/Q (don't know what it is for Perth) you usually get a discount. I also went to another company who offered to do it at a lower price, as I hadn't heard of this company before I went back to Britz and advised them that I had a lower price and they matched it.

We took the Escape on both occasions, one time the aircon broke so they upgraded us to a Maui 6 berth but to be honest it was rubbish compared to the Escape.

I am not sure what the weather will be like when you go but we always went on to a powered site at night as we struggled without the aircon, we could have managed for everything else but it was too hot without aircon.

Guest The Pom Queen

Ps if you are travelling in the outback make sure you have not only a spare tyre but a repair kit, we were stranded in the middle of nowhere, it wasn't fun, well it was looking back but not at the time lol x

Guest guest17301

Thinking of going north in WA....for mine and daughters birthday. Will be start of winter here so heat shouldnt be big problem unless we go a long way up. If we book now we should get a discount as advertised on their site. Are there any other companies to look out for?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest17301

Just bumping this to ask....are dogs allowed in motorhomes? Cant find the answer to this question on the webpage

Guest The Pom Queen
Just bumping this to ask....are dogs allowed in motorhomes? Cant find the answer to this question on the webpage

Unfortunately not, but I won't tell :wink:

Guest Guest16631

...........people who don't have dogs...........can often smell the cleanest of dogs...............in the car I use nilodor,...........:wideeyed:.............bought in Coles.......!

Guest The Pom Queen
I honestly dont think our dog smells 'doggy' at all. She's a little princess (Ok a big princess)

Whippets don't tend to smell, just buy a few air freshners. The only issue I see is if you go out and can't take her with you, ours we would have to crate or he would wreck the place

We hired a camper from them in NZ - all good.

Quick question, do you always have to use the campsites in Oz??? In New Zealand your supposed to but we found some amazing spots and just camped up - no problems, we only started doing it because we saw others doing it. And obviously left no signs of us being there.

Thanks

Guest Guest16631

...........when returning a van a friend was quizzed about the over use of air fresheners.............so next time used the nilodor and were over zealous with their deodorants prior to returning it.............theirs was a little Maltese..............some company's are fussier than others......

Guest The Pom Queen
We hired a camper from them in NZ - all good.

Quick question, do you always have to use the campsites in Oz??? In New Zealand your supposed to but we found some amazing spots and just camped up - no problems, we only started doing it because we saw others doing it. And obviously left no signs of us being there.

Thanks

No you can park up anywhere, although depending where and what time of year you may need power to run the aircon etc.

Guest AKA63029

Rented several times with Britz and always well satisfied.

Friendly staff, great vehicles and good customer support, well I say good, but.

We once broke down in the middle of Sydney, only had the vehicle an hour, the gear box completely ground to a halt in the middle of rush hour.

We managed to push it to a side road and contacted Britz, who kindly within half an hour sent out a 'mechanic' with a tow truck to have a look.

He was obviously high as a kite, :laugh: and on the journey back to the depot in the tow truck he said many, many times as we drove along, 'That looks like my ex wife, shall I knock her down?

Myself and the second Mrs Tosser just grinned and politely ignored him, but we did get a pic of him:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13267[/ATTACH]

Guest guest17301

Thanks, she's got a gorgeous smiley face, she's our little baby, bless her, gets more attention than the kids, lol

DSCF0232.jpg

DSCF0232.jpg

Edited by guest17301

Guest AKA63029

We used Britz for mainly 'relocations', a very cheap and efficient way of getting to a place without the need for expensive flights and/or cars.

They are very welcoming and explain how long you have to relocate the vehicle, but even then they did give us some leeway on many an occasion, a great way for backpackers and the like to get around Australia at half the price.

Guest Guest16631
She looks a bit rabid in that one though, going at full pelt

..........thought it looked more like a really big grin...lol.......