Skilled Regional 489

sun2

Hello People,

What I believe is 489 Visa is for 4 years and there is a specific date to make first entry and has "must not arrive after (date)" as well. But there is also a "Stay Period Date" which is same as the "Must not arrive after (Date)"

Now, what if a person makes his first entry and returns back to his country of origin and later travels just a few months before the expiry of visa/'Must not arrive after (Date)', would he be able to stay after that date to complete the required period to be a permanent resident or ???

Would be grateful if someone be kind enough to share views on this.................

Cheers,

You have 4 years to complete the regional living and working requirement if you want to apply for an 887 permanent residency visa. When I got this visa it was a 3 year visa with an option to extend for a 4th year if the 887 criteria had not been met. Now there are 4 years given but as far as I am aware it can not be extended in this way.