Help Needed ! (Genuine Intention to be living and working in the NT)

aksahdaks

Hi Maryrose02,

Thanks for reply.

After going through this forum, it seems yes we can re-apply.

They mentioned the reason - "You have failed to demonstrate your genuine intention to be living and working in the NT.

Can you plz help me with this.

Regards

I don't know if you get a second chance? Why did they reject your application?

Hi Blossom79,

Thanks for reply.

I had mentioned about Culture, Climate, Nature, Living, Transport.

I have sent you PM with "Commitment to the NT".

Please let me know what should I edit or add.

Regards

What did you show for reasons you want to move there?

Also, under 1.1 Eligibility for Northern Territory Government Nomination - What are your reasons for applying for NT nomination? Please detail.

I stated, "NT is one of Australia’s most culturally diverse places. Immigrants from different parts of worlds made NT their home. Religious freedom and mutual respect is an integral part of NT. Climate seems to be very nice and I can adapt to it easily. Many opportunities for potential worker. Work-life balance can maintained easily. Attractive places for site seeing, travel, photography, etc. Education in NT is recognised worldwide, and has interdisciplinary streams. Medical facilities are available and can be reached easily.

I have also attached detailed document indicating my interest in NT."

I believe this is not good enough, please advise.

Also, under 1.1 Eligibility for Northern Territory Government Nomination - What are your reasons for applying for NT nomination? Please detail.

I stated, "NT is one of Australia’s most culturally diverse places. Immigrants from different parts of worlds made NT their home. Religious freedom and mutual respect is an integral part of NT. Climate seems to be very nice and I can adapt to it easily. Many opportunities for potential worker. Work-life balance can maintained easily. Attractive places for site seeing, travel, photography, etc. Education in NT is recognised worldwide, and has interdisciplinary streams. Medical facilities are available and can be reached easily.

I don't know anything about the visa/state sponsorship process.

But reading your answer, my only comment would be perhaps you need to gear your answer more towards what you have to offer the NT rather than what it can offer you?

Maybe this is covered elsewhere in the application process but looking at it as a snapshot, that is what I noticed?

Looks like you've lifted a lot of that from NT's own site.. :laugh:

http://www.australiasnorthernterritory.com.au/Living/Pages/multicultural.aspx

How about you come up with something in your own words? That they haven't seen before?

Hi Aksahdaks

I agree with Lucharmily...although I have no experience of completing the relevant paperwork, my hunch is you need to demonstrate why the NT Government should nominate you. Therefore you need to highlight what particular strengths you would bring to NT...e.g. if you work in a sector for which there is a strong demand for skilled professionals you may wish to highlight that...it would be good to give examples of any special experience / skills you have...then try and weave your skills / strengths with how they will complement the specific attributes of NT....(e.g. if you have evidence of working with culturally diverse people you may wish to emphasize NT's multi-cultural society...) it would be a good idea to show evidence of your interests / hobbies and then link those to the strengths of NT ...e.g. lots of opportunities for outdoor activities, sports etc....if you are multi-linguistic you may wish to emphasize on the diversity of languages / dialects within the NT; if you have experience of working / volunteering with NGOs and with diverse ethnic populations you may wish to emphasize about your transferable skills....so the idea is to see how transferable your skills set / experience / expertise / interests are to the NT...I would suggest you show as much evidence as you can to back up your statements....all this is speculative advice as I have myself not applied through this route...good luck (you may wish to consider using an agent to help you with your application, as people like me who have not done this before will not be able to give you any specific advice).

Hi Aksahdaks

One more thought...some people come to the NT as they it as a "stepping stone" for their career in Australia (i personally dont see anything wrong with this) and as soon as they can they move elsewhere..there is a constant flux of people...so my guess is that the NT govt would see "strong ties" to the NT as a favourable factor for nomination as they will be investing in people who will be staying in the NT longer term and making a contribution. That is why emphasis is usually placed in family ties to the NT, or children doing schooling in the NT or specific research interests connected with the NT etc.

Alternatively, you may wish to consider a different visa route?

Hi there.

You should try giving evidence of more detailed research, which schools you have looked at, average cost of housing for rental/buying, cost of private medical, etc. Also adding what you can offer is good. Evidence of job applications too.

Good luck!

Hi there

I agree with Geedee , you should tell them why you want to choose Darwin just in your own language, you can tell them about the cost of living , job market, rental cost , which suberb you want to live, anything that could convince them that you have searched a lot about Darwin but just in your own language not some general information from some website

Good luck

Have you actually been to NT? If not before you waste money on another application you need to spend some time there & make some contacts, professional and personal. Use whatever you have at your disposal - expat community, religious community, if you have children school community. Without named contacts these applications to NT seem to fail. You will find people who are willing to help - we spent a two week reccie in Perth and came home with several emails/phone no. and addresses. Schooling for us was a big priority and we met a family happy for us to use their address on applcation forms.

• 2 weeks later...

We applied for 190, got declined but offered us 489. I wrote a small essay in my own words (after researching NT) and although they didn't grant 190, they did offer 489.

Try giving them more about why you want to live there, about schools in the area, raising a family, and what you can bring to NT :)

Sam

• 2 months later...

hi everybody,

I am planning to apply for nt ss soon and I am working on it myself. I have been going through forum for some days and really afraid of any rejection as it happened with many, my occupation is property manager. I would appreciate if some one can help me on these issues:-

1. Can I apply directly to n.t before submitting E.O.I if so why they are asking for eoi number in state sponsorship form.

2. can some one guide what to write to convince them that my intention is genuine.

thanks.....

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys,

My application was rejected for NT SS few days back, they mentioned "You have failed to demonstrate your genuine intention to be living and working in the NT."

Can anyone please help me to sort this out.

Regards

list

seems you applied for graphic designer. for it you need to show a job offer as occupation is not in state list.

or have to show extraordinary commitment toward state.

you can share your commitment letter with me and we can discuss further.

Edited by blossom
Fixing quote

• 2 weeks later...

And be careful this time, as our friends got full denial aftr second rejection with the same reason. Now they can not re apply anymore. Show more research about prices, definitely show your correspondence with possible employers, and provide contacts of people living in darwin as your friends.