Singapore Airlines...what you get on flight??

Guest GillianM

Guest GillianM

Hey there, i am flying on 1st Aug on the A380 to Melbourne. I booked my seats on the upper deck and choose our seats. I was wondering what you are given on the flight. I was interested in buying those neck pillows but thought they might be given to us on the flight, anyone know??

Gillian:wubclub:

Guest siamsusie
Hey there, i am flying on 1st Aug on the A380 to Melbourne. I booked my seats on the upper deck and choose our seats. I was wondering what you are given on the flight. I was interested in buying those neck pillows but thought they might be given to us on the flight, anyone know??

Gillian:wubclub:

Not long to go Gillian:jiggy: Singapore ceased all the "Amenity Packs" a while ago which includes Business Class, so maybe buy your own.... try e bay as well probably cheaper than a travel shop or at the airport.

Have a wonderful flight:wubclub: Susie x

Im flying with them too 26th July, i was wondering the same thing, about the services, food, films ect.

How did you chose your seats, they told me to do it online 48 hours before flights, is there another way i can do it then

Cheers

Tracey

Hi Gillian,

I flew with SA in March, on the airbus and all we got was a little toilet bag, with socks, toothbrush, toothpaste, and eye mask. They provide a little pillow and blanket for use on the flight.

I reclined the seat, and used the pillow but as Susie says, if you want a neck pillow, you'll need to take your own.

I booked my seat in advance as had booked over the phone with SA, but if you book online, think you can only book your seat 48hrs before. (or was it the other way around?) I had managed to book 2 seats online, and 2 over the phone due to hassles when booking during the sale, and therefore could only book seats for 2 of us in advance. They put a note on the system though that there were 4 travelling. Luckily 48 hrs before we flew the other 2 seats in the aisle were free for us to book too.

Hope that helps,

Shaz

Guest GillianM

Hi, thanks. My sister has a neck pillow and its so comfy and relaxing, normally i can't sleep on flights cause there nowhere to rest your head and you end up with a stiff neck lol so one of those pillows will be ideal, so better go and buy 4 of them. Overall how was the flight?

Tracy.......i just logged on my account after booking and it gives you the option to pick your seats. I think you can check in 48 hours before but you can pick your seats now, i choose upstair.

Gillian

The flight itself was great, food lovely, staff very helpful, however the entertainment system wasnt working so rather than delay the flight, they decided to go, with it not working so all the way to Dubai, no films, etc. We did sleep most of that flight though. There were 2 kids and 2 adults flying, and on arrival in Dubai, they gave us 2 (pretty crap) SA leather wallets to compensate. Nothing for the kids.

Snacks come round regularly, and you can ask for drinks whenever you want them.

If you check www.seatguru.com, it will tell you the best seats on your aircraft. We chose good seats using this.

Shaz

Hi, thanks. My sister has a neck pillow and its so comfy and relaxing, normally i can't sleep on flights cause there nowhere to rest your head and you end up with a stiff neck lol so one of those pillows will be ideal, so better go and buy 4 of them. Overall how was the flight?

Tracy.......i just logged on my account after booking and it gives you the option to pick your seats. I think you can check in 48 hours before but you can pick your seats now, i choose upstair.

Gillian

Hi Gillian,

We did Manchester-Dubai-Brisbane. I have never slept on a flight before, even 15 hours to Africa, but I did sleep (very well) on the above flights!!!

We flew with Emirates and found them really good.

Steph

xxxxx

It is amazing what you can do with a new plane I can vouch for that!! The new Airbus A380 are the most comfortable planes out there... but Singapore Airlines have got it right! I can say this because the A380 hasn't been around for that long but lots of airlines are using them now. I've flown on them both with Singapore and Malaysian airlines and even though it's exactly the same plane, SA's was more comfortable.

You can't knock the service on-board for either airline but the food and the "attending" nature of the SA staff was notably better than MA!

I don't think you shouldn't use MA but SA, it's just right! :biglaugh:

Archived