Enough time???

Guest IrishOzHopeful

Guest IrishOzHopeful

Hi All,

I have been looking online for flights from Dublin 2 Perth, and have found one with Singapore Airlines which seem fairly reasonable but I have a query!

The stopover time when connecting in Singapore is 50 minutes!:err:

Is this normal? Is it just a refuelling stop or will we have 2 change planes etc?

If we do have 2 change planes & check in etc etc will we have enough time?

Also if we are delayed & miss our connecting flight will we have 2 pay for the connecting flight again?:chatterbox:

Apologies for all the questions but any help would be really appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

Louise

Hi All,

I have been looking online for flights from Dublin 2 Perth, and have found one with Singapore Airlines which seem fairly reasonable but I have a query!

Is this normal? Is it just a refuelling stop or will we have 2 change planes etc?

Also if we are delayed & miss our connecting flight will we have 2 pay for the connecting flight again?:chatterbox:

Thanks in advance,

Louise

Don't worry, it's just for refuelling and you will be normally asked to depart the plane for cleaning. If you get your skates on you can zoom up the travelators and do a bit of shopping, certainly stretch your legs a bit. If you are really quick they will send your duty free to the departure gate for your onward journey. If this is all too much, relax and you can buy duty free at your arrival arport before you go through customs.

Hope this helps

Guest Guest31881
Hi All,

Thanks in advance,

Louise

Hi if it's just a refueling stop you have no worries, if you have to change planes you will still be ok. You do not have to check in again. You just get off your plane, follow the signs for passengers in transit and when you come out the other side you go to your departure gate it is well sign posted.

When I came over our plane was 1 hour late due to delays at Heathrow, we had passengers on board who should have missed their connection at singapor to other countries. The staff asked all passengers to stay in their seats unless they were due to fly out immediatly. they knew the plane was late and had held a couple of other flights so no one would miss thier connections. They ensured everyone made their connection. Singapor Airways have a good reputation and its deserved they do seem to look after their passengers.

If the flight numbers are the same then it's just a quick refuel stop that gives you just enough time to dash to the ladies to freshen up before getting back onto the plane again. It's very easy to find your way around the airport if the numbers are different and you shouldn't have to walk far to find the new departure lounge.

Although it sounds short I found it to be just the thing when you're in a hurry to get to Australia to start your adventure. :wubclub:

Best of luck :smile:

Edit: Colin, you're a faster typist than me! :)

Singapore Airlines do not operate one continuous flight on the same aircraft between UK and OZ like qantas does. Your trip will comprise of 2 different flight numbers = 2 seperate aircraft, so change of planes will be in order.

Archived