Lewis Hamilton.

Guest guest37336

Guest guest37336

Got to laugh. Poor old Lewis Hamilton has been stopped and his (road) car impounded in Australia after what police say, 'The vehicle was seen to deliberately lose traction and was intercepted by police'. Classic police speak. Lewis in his defence said, 'I was driving in an over-exuberant manner and, as a result, was stopped by the police. What I did was silly, and I want to apologise for it', classic Lewis speak.

I can just visualise the copper involved walking back into the police station and saying, 'You never guess what lads.................................'. :notworthy::notworthy: I reckon he wont need to but a round of drinks for a very, very, long time. Not a great fan of Lewis, but that besides you have to admire the police involved. Not for them the reticence to stop a so called super star. Classic stuff. Who's next, Schumacher etc, etc.:biglaugh:

The 'hoon' laws here in Victoria are so strict, if you break them, you can lose your car and have it squashed and compacted for the scrap dealer. No one is given exception, I think there was an 80 year old hoon they got as well ! We were talking about this at work this morning and had a laugh about whether the police officer believed him when he asked the guy what his name was and he said "Lewis Hamilton". :biglaugh: He was done for speeding in France once as well they said.

Guest guest37336
The 'hoon' laws here in Victoria are so strict, if you break them, you can lose your car and have it squashed and compacted for the scrap dealer. No one is given exception, I think there was an 80 year old hoon they got as well ! We were talking about this at work this morning and had a laugh about whether the police officer believed him when he asked the guy what his name was and he said "Lewis Hamilton". :biglaugh:

Funnily enough olly, I had a mate in Cairns once who did exactly the same as Lewis Hamilton, just a fairly innocent 'wheel spin' and they truly crucified him. Wouldn't have been as bad, but we all saw it when we were clocking off from work. He was ripped into for weeks.:biglaugh:

Guest chris955

I'm a huge Hamilton fan but not a big fan of the Victorian fun Police, one of the many reasons I wouldn't live there again. I don't suppose LH will lose much sleep over the incident but it probably bought a smile to the face of the cop if that is possible.

The reason the laws were brought in, as some of you already know, is that so many young people were killing themselves in Melbourne in high speed accidents, and some of their friends. Hence the change to the P plate laws limiting the number of passengers new drivers can carry in the car.

Some of these kids have no idea of the consequences of these high speed accidents, my son's friend was killed in Melbourne by some kid who took his mum's car, packed it with a bunch of teenage friends and ran off the road and killed them all in a hilly part of Templestowe. We waited for these laws for a long time, and I will happily press the "squash" button on the compactor for some of these kids' cars who drive like idiots on our roads. About 5 months ago I was doing nightshift and a car smashed into the powerpole outside the front of the building, killing 4 kids in the car - the young driver took the hill too fast. That was an horrendous scene I can tell you, nothing at all we could do.

Guest chris955

Not at all, he held up his hands and accepted what he did was wrong. He didn't ask for or get special treatment. It amazes me how or why it made front page news ?

Archived