Renewing your UK Passport in Oz

Guest Humbug

Guest Humbug

:unsure: Has anyone had to renew their passport here. My daughter's runs out in May and we have only been here for 2 months - didn't renew in UK as all happened too quickly -but the section where you have to do the ID and get it signed by someone who has know you for 2 yrs is impossible as we don't know anyone. What do we do - can anyone tell me. The Canberra Consulate enquiries line charges over $3 per minute and is a premium rate number!!! We only have mobiles and they are charged at an ever higher rate.

You should be fine - as she has already had a passport you can get someone who has known you the longest and they can say that they have known you as long as you have been in the country. If your child is young then it will be form C2 otherwise if she is over 18 it will be C1. Then trot off with all the attachments to a local Australia Post Office. It is considerably more expensive than getting it renewed in UK but the turn around time is quite quick - they actually send them to NZ apparently for renewal according to the lady at the British High Commission.

yea, you renew it through Australia post. You go with tall the pprwork for an interview which you book online. You go there and show them the pprwork and they send off for your passport. Its $293. M hubby is doing his tomorrow. Really straight forward

Hi

We have renewed ours but took the forms to Australia Post nearly 5 weeks ago & haven't heard anything. Starting to panic as we fly to the UK in just over 2 weeks!

Does anyone know if we can trace what is going on with our applications? I've looked on the website but there is nothing specific. Is it a case of phoning the extortionate premium rate line?

Cheers

Sue

Guest proud2beaussie
Hi

We have renewed ours but took the forms to Australia Post nearly 5 weeks ago & haven't heard anything. Starting to panic as we fly to the UK in just over 2 weeks!

Does anyone know if we can trace what is going on with our applications? I've looked on the website but there is nothing specific. Is it a case of phoning the extortionate premium rate line?

Cheers

Sue

Most straight forward applications take 4-6 weeks to process so yours should turn up in the next week or so hopefully,if it doesn't then I suggest ringing them.

Cheers

Archived