which shipping company to use

Guest jocarter

Guest jocarter

We are trying to arrange a shipping company, we have had a few quotes from anglo pacific,doree bonner, they were roughly the same. Then a quote from Fox came in about £700 cheaper but cheap is not always best.Has anyone used Fox's and if so how did they find their service.Also had a reasonable quote from PSS...im soo confused.Any recommendations???:confused: We are moving from Kent to Brisbane and need to be out of our house by end of sept.

Guest fluffy1984

Hi Jo,

Unfortunatley i have not heard of Fox's before but £700 cheaper then the main competitors does sound a little un-nerving.

We are moving from London to Sydney in October and we are going with Anglo Pacific. My partner used them to ship over a load of his stuff from oz a couple of years ago. They do EVERYTHING!!! They pack everything effieciently and securely. They even dismantle the furniture (i.e bed frame, chest of drawers etc) to give you maximum for your money!! I am quite looking forward to them doing all the dirty work for us!! We are paying £1200, cannot remember what the sq footage but it is around 22 tea cartons which is quite a lot of room, also delivery is around 8-10 weeks!

Good luck with the move.

Carly x

Guest jocarter

Hi Carly

thanks for you reply,thats what we thought about being £700 cheaper and i was able to get the price even lower justby asking, does sound dodgy. But as im sure you know we try to save every penny as it is an expensive venture!

I also read that things can also go missing in transit and the shipping company are the only ones who pack so they know what you have.Quite worrying.I think im abit too trusting of people as this didnt even cross my mind.

i think we will go with a more well known company and Anglo Pacific seem to be a fav on this forum.

Thanks again and lots of luck with your move

jo x

Guest JoanneHattersley

We used Simpsons who are based in Kent. They were VERY reasonable cost, reliable and nowt broken or missing!

Highly recommended!

CazBeckham (Mum) used them too

We moved from Kent to Melbourne in February. We got quotes from a few internation movers then came accross Britannia removals based in Deal. They came in over £500 below the rest, but that wasnt the only reason. They are a family run firm and wanted to impress, also at the time they were working reduced days cos of the recession. We preferred to give our money to local people. We also learnt that the difference in price was paying for overnight digs for staff coming down from up the line.

They packed our whole house in 2 days and packed it well. We had no breakages and no lost items, in fact they provided us with a detailed list.

They kept us fully informed of the timescale, even after we arrived, and they arranged the delivery and unpacking this end with a reputable removal company.

They even shared our grief when we had to leave our dog behind for medical reasons

We cannot talk any more highly of them!!

• 2 years later...

Hi, do you mind sharing how much it costs for this kind of service? We are looking at moving most of our furniture from Edinburgh to Sydney, and are looking to get an idea of costs.

Archived