Getting BBC iplayer in Oz

Guest cabbagesahoy!

Guest cabbagesahoy!

Before Christmas there was an advert on PIO for a system that allowed you to get iplayer/C4 and ITV on demand in Oz by paying a subscription.

Did anyone use it and what is it?

Or is there anything else you can do to get British TV on your PC?

LOL! Read this back and realise I sound desperate - Only for a bit of Brit TV and so is Oz husband! Everything else is fab.

Guest PommieLady

Am very interested in this, have recently tried IP blocker thing suggested by Fraggle, but to no avail :no:

Would love to see stuff we don't get here or in the right order :wideeyed:

Am very interested in this, have recently tried IP blocker thing suggested by Fraggle, but to no avail :no:

Would love to see stuff we don't get here or in the right order :wideeyed:

Oh dear! My children will be gutted! They had every expectation that 4OD and iPlayer were going to work so they could keep up to date with waterloo road and hollyoaks (have to admit i'm a Hollyoaks fan too but don't know if I'd be so desperate to need to keep up that I'd watch it on the laptop?) They were looking forward to it though so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread too! Any info greatly appreciated!

Zoe xx

Guest James.S

Hi, I have tried to get onto bbc for my son to watch cbbc etc etc... what they do is track the ip address, it has to be a uk address, doing it via a blocker or remote server / proxy server will not work as it will have the wrong type of ip address...

What i am trying to do is have a freind set up a intranet in the uk with around 6-8 computers that will each have an independant link to the internet (so each will have it's own unique ip address) in theory you should be able to log into it and then out of it to a uk site and as far as that site is concerned the computer talking to it is in the uk and will let you down load from it...

If anyone read's this and want's to help / join in please PM me..!

All the best...

James...

Guest snow white
I'm 'bout to try it on my spare server,I'll let you know if it works!

tried that thing that hides your ip address but coulnt get it to work for me, would like to be able to watch wanted down under to laugh at and im a celeb get me out

cheers nigel let me know

lesley x

Guest snow white
the ip address changer is the easyest way to watch uk tv works so easy i will be watching match of the day tonight ha ha ,pommielady if you want my home number you can rng me i can help you out its so easy to do :)

hoy what about me i tried, i downloaded , i got no further

lol

lesley x

Guest snow white
i posted you a message snow white :)

lol i got it i replied, as far as i player goes sent an email to bbc, currently it is of no use to anyone poutside of uk they are looking into making it available outside uk but have no definite plans yet

lesley x

Guest moonlit_valley

You can download uk day to day programmes from uknova.com. Most are uploaded providing the programme is not/will not be available on DVD to purchase. It's free to sign up and use. You'll need a bittorrent client (also free) to download the programmes.

Hi All

I have tried this website and they are good!

They have excellent Customer feedback (thankyou Chris) IF you have any problems!

They offer a FREE Trial for 48 hours before you subscribe and the price is 99Euros for a year!

Basically IF you have a GOOD internet connection in OZ this will work!

You have to download their toolbar and then you're all set!

TRY it................you have nothing to lose

I have problems with my connection so it keeps cutting out BUT that is due to my Location however I find that C4 is no problem it's just the others that stop and start!

It's NOT ilegal in any way.......basically they are "the host" who disguises your IP Address so that you can watch your programmes

Good luck all and let me know how you get on as I thought long and hard about endorsing this product on PIO but I believe that if your connection is good then it is money well spent!

Kind regards

website@uktelly.tv;

Guest proud2beaussie

The reason why iplayer is restricted is actually not to do with licence fees ,it's because a lot of BBC programs are made by independent production companies who may be looking at tying up distribution rights with networks in other countries so they naturally don't want a situation where they are trying to sell a program to an audience that's already seen it.and that is why the BBC have plans on the drawingboard to offer a pay per download commercial version of iplayer for people outside of the UK.

• 3 years later...

We have started using Tunnelbear. It is a VPN masking site so it makes BBCIplayer (or any other site) think you are in the UK. It does slow the connection, so we download the programmes we want to watch to our desktop Iplayer. Works perfect, and the monthly cost also covers 2 mobile devices as well as your pc. 500 Mb a month is free, but that's about one hour so we pay $4.99 a month for unlimited download. You can use it for the US also. Easy as to use.

We stream stuff from BBC iplayer all the time (gawd bless them for their Christmas movies) using a IP blocker called Hide My Ass. We have a pretty good internet connection through IInet and find that streaming is almost flawless - bit of buffering at times but nothing major. Hide My Ass also allows you to be in lots of other countries so you can stream some pretty obsure stuff if you've got the time and interest.

I must be a bit behind the times - had no idea that was possible.

How do you do that? Google and download ?

I am always worried about viruses.Would love to be able to watch Brit tv again other than on ABC.

Easy peaty, just go to the relevant website (try any of those referenced in the thread) and connect through them. No downloads (other than browser plug-ins/extensions) necessary for most. They all work in roughly the same way, basically you're just connecting to UK websites through a server that is (or appears to be) in the UK.

some are free, some are paid. Paid ones tend to be more reliable, partly because the operators have more funds to run the service so can afford better servers and more bandwidth, partly because they have to keep their customers happy. But there's always a free one that will work OK on the whole. You might just have to try a few, and from time to time change to a new one if the one you were using gets too popular and either gets spotted and blocked, or gets too congested. A minor hassle that's well worth it.

Do it on a laptop, you can plug that into most modern TVs and watch it on the big screen. Or stream it via a media player like Apple TV.

Minimal virus risk

Archived