Health centre wants £30 each to give us our medical file

Guest beermeister

Guest beermeister

OK, bit of a rant here.........thought we'd get a photocopy of our medical file from our local NHS heath centre to take with us when we emigrate, but when we asked for it, they said we'd have to stump up £30 for each family member. Pretty annoyed at this and when we said so, they said they might be able to get a better price. I just can't believe that here we are bartering with the NHS over this. First thought that comes to mind is "I bet NHS doesn't have a standard schedule of rates for this sort of thing"; second thought is "So whose pocket is this going in then?"; third thought is "Can't wait to leave this sesspit of scoundrels and thieves behind us"

If it's any help we paid £15 per person so it's definitely worth bartering them down. We also got the impression that there is no rate-card for this sort of thing. God knows what the dentist is going to charge, thats the next thing on our list to do!

Guest tony and sheena

There was a thread about this yonks ago, and I'm sure a lot of people said they had brought medical files and they weren't needed.

Everyone's out to make a buck at the mo, i wouldn't be paying up unless it's really necessary!

Good luck

Sheena

Guest TheHollies
OK, bit of a rant here.........thought we'd get a photocopy of our medical file from our local NHS heath centre to take with us when we emigrate, but when we asked for it, they said we'd have to stump up £30 for each family member. Pretty annoyed at this and when we said so, they said they might be able to get a better price. I just can't believe that here we are bartering with the NHS over this. First thought that comes to mind is "I bet NHS doesn't have a standard schedule of rates for this sort of thing"; second thought is "So whose pocket is this going in then?"; third thought is "Can't wait to leave this sesspit of scoundrels and thieves behind us"

Here, here!! :notworthy:

I cant see why you have to pay. They are your personal medical files, no use to anyone, so what will they do with them once you have left the country?? The way this country operates, they will probably be left available for someone to steal your identity and start claiming benefits, etc. :arghh:

Guest julie2g1b

hiya my doc did it for free but i put a couple a quid in the charity box, they had just printed out the basic stuff like dates and hospital trips which is all you need really, if anything was needed if you were addmitted to hospital over there they would contact the hospital you went to most as they keep your files for good........

so as long as you remember what illness you have had should not worry

julie :wubclub:

Guest Angelcake

Hi

Just spoke to our Dentist and they did it free of charge and have even popped it all in the post FOC.

Guess we were just lucky!!

Will definately be bartering with the drs.

Angelcake

I woudlnt bother if I were you unless you have some signficant medical condition which has had years of tests and a successful conclusion. If you are just a normally healthy/unhealthy family with just coughs and colds then dont waste your money. They tend to just focus on the complaint of the moment anyway.

Archived