Immigration Virgins !!

Guest Petebeckwatto

Guest Petebeckwatto

We are looking to emmigrate to the Gold Coast....but every day I have different worries & concerns. We plan to use Four Corners are they good does anyone know ? we have been advised to use them by a friend who got out there in Jan.

My husband is a painter with 20 years experience does that help ? Im currently a housewife but a trained Pharmaceutical Laboratory Analyst. We have 3 kids aged 8, 6 & 18m.

Just really looking for a similar family whos already out there who can stop my head buzzin & answer all my stupid questions ???

Thanks in advance for any advice

Becky 33, Pete 36, Jake 8, Molly 6 & Alfie 18m:err:

Guest Rickard Family

Hi Becky and Family

Welcome to PIO, Good luck with the process!

I've not heard of Four Corners but there is bound to be plenty of others on here that have or know someone that has, so you have come to the right place!

Which part of Kent are you from?

Lou x

Guest Petebeckwatto

Hi Lou

We're just around the corner in Sittingbourne ! We know Herne Bay quite well as we have friends in Greenhill & other friends who live in Nurserylands by Homebase !. Guess your reasons are the same as ours....fed up of ure husband working all the time and no life with the kids !. When are you aiming to get there for ?. We aiming for less than 2yrs so we can get all our finances sorted & all our crap sold LOL ! plus would rather go before my son goes to secondary school.

Becky x

hi we too was going to go with 4 corners oh sister & family used them a couple of yrs ago so we thought they would be best as they had no probs

didnt get very far with them after a few phone calls & trying to organize meeting at cost it took soooo long we started to look into the TRA & with help from site like this & tra web pages we got it all together & we sent it off believe me complete novices really takes a bit of time but can be done

anyway the day we recieve acknowledgement from TRA we get a letter from 4 corners informing us that at this time they think we would fail the TRA (new rules last yr) so could not continue with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh s*** we thought nightmare gonna say NO but guess what we got a YEH passed the TRA & decided we would continue on our own only thing i would say is research, research & more research but it can be done & like others have said if u really want to go with an agent go matilda comes highly recommended & the agent posts on here too & they will speak to u about options for FREE more than 4 corners do

like i say family had no probs but to hear from an agent u wont pass then do makes me think do THEY even know, listen or read what you tell them goodluck but i would def ring round a few see how they deal with u over phone

hi TRA is trades recognition australia before you apply for a visa you must have a successful skills assesment from the relevant assessment centre if you go to the immi site next to your occupation there will be a assesing body TRA, VETASSES ARCC etc each of them have there own web site & how to apply plus lots more info & theres bound to be someone on here that has been assessed in your occupation for help

Guest Rickard Family
Hi Lou

We're just around the corner in Sittingbourne ! We know Herne Bay quite well as we have friends in Greenhill & other friends who live in Nurserylands by Homebase !. Guess your reasons are the same as ours....fed up of ure husband working all the time and no life with the kids !. When are you aiming to get there for ?. We aiming for less than 2yrs so we can get all our finances sorted & all our crap sold LOL ! plus would rather go before my son goes to secondary school.

Becky x

Were hopefully going aug 09, 2 eldest already at secondary unfortunately they go to Q.E in Faversham..which is where we are from orignally, we have delayed it a bit due to 1 my husbands brother and his family are emigrating too and a bit behind us and 2 finances due to this ***ty house market....sold house cheap just to get of this terrible housing market, so having to save a bit now.

But yes were in search of a better life, i do like hernebay lovely seaside town but we can only enjoy it 4 maybe 6 months of the year...have you seen them waves in winter right over the sea wall...dont fancy sitting there with the kids having an ice cream:biglaugh:.

Well any questions i can help with fire away....can't promise i can answer them though:biglaugh:.

Lou x

We too were going to use Four Corners. Our friends used them and got there visa. We had an appointment with them (which we had to pay for). They didnt really tell us much apart from how hard it is to get a visa and showed us a case with alot of papers. They would not let us read the case but just showed us how much info you need. We left feeling a little dishearted and forgot about Oz for a while.

From hearing about Go Matilda, we rang them and they were so helpfull. Everything was explained and we went with them. (they were cheaper too) I can only say, IMO that Go Matilda have been excellent.

Good luck.

Jill

xxx

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Becky

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

From Pete's age, I would say that you should have a pretty good chance of securing a skilled independent visa (ie not sponsored by an employer in Oz.) You might find that you would not need an Agent because it should all be pretty straightfoward for you, so potentially you could save around £2,000.

Obtaining a skilled independent visa (subclass 175 for preference and subclass 176 if not) is a two stage process. First Peter would need to have his skills formally assessed by Trades Recognition Australia. Once he has the OK from TRA it will then be possible to apply for your visa.

So the first thing is to consider Peter's skills since he will be the main applicant. Painter & Decorator is here:

Painter and Decorator 4421-11 - Australian Skills Recognition Information

It is on the MODL, which is good because that is worth extra points in the points test, which I will come to.

However first, you say that Peter has 20 years' experience as a Painter & Decorator. Does he have the relevant trade qualifications to go with that, please? He would not be able to get a positive assessment from TRA without formal qualifications.

If he does not have any formal qualifications, there is a choice:

Either get the UK ones (the higher the better) as a result of a workplace based assessment and Recognition of Prior Learning, or get the Australian AQF III qualification instead. Peter could do this in the UK. ACTS Trade Trade do it and our young member Jackal (a 30 year old Painter & Decorator) was immensely impressed by them recently: Jackal is no fool so I believe that his praise of ACTS is fully justified.

It would cost £3,750 to do AQF III via ACTS (again based on RPL and a practical skills assessment.) However they also helped Jackal with a shourt safety course which is essential in Oz, plus helped him with his subsequent TRA assessment. Jackal has now applied for a subclass 175 visa and is well on his way to Australia.

The ACTS website is here:

ACTS UK | Welcome to Trade Train

Then you need to consider a visa as well:

Professionals and other Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) visa (subclass 175)

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) visa (subclass 175)

Australian General Skilled Migration Booklet

By my calculations, Peter should easily be able to score 120 points, the amount he would need for the subclass 175 visa. If you also get 120 or more then there is no point in considering any visa except the subclass 175.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Petebeckwatto

Blimey thanks for all that mind numbing information !!!LOL

Pete has got a Qualification a GNVQ Level 2 in Painting & Decorator he also holds a CSCS card (Construction Skills Certification Scheme). I have looked at the TRA stuff today and yeah I reckon I can sort out all the required info....lookin good so far. Do you know whether you can print off the TRA form or if you have to fill in an original ?

Thanks too to Jill deffo gonna contact Go Matilda !

Thank you both soo much !

Becky

Archived