Parents scared of flying , did they visit in the end?

Siblin!

Hi all,

Well my mum has vowed not to come and see me. She's going to miss me but is soooooooo scared of flying she said she won't come and visit.

I do think she won't , she can be like that sometimes and although she's not my best buddy i will miss her .

Any other mums or dads vowed the same but came out, or not?

love to hear your stories guys.

Thanks

Guest Jaynie

Well mine have never been although they aren't scared of flying at all, just thought it was too far, but Dad actually said to me when I was over there in June.."We should have come really, but it's too late now" He is quite poorly and so is Mum, but my SIL Mother actually had never been on a plane before and she's been 3 times now, so it might happen you never know!

My Dad is 73 and has all sorts of ailments. He's only flown to Spain and Malta and as he says "the flight would kill me". Which is a great shame because he would love the climate here in Perth.

I'm looking at going back September probably, but maybe early October. Got to see my Dad and my Nan (93) who i miss terribly and my eldest son (24) although he's only just gone back after a holiday.

It's very difficult sometimes when you've no family here. Still we make our bed etc

Guest Karen K

Two people i know have braved flying and that was my mum back in 2003 when my brother got married in Corfu, she loved it after swearing that she would never set foot on a plane and that she would rather have her hair shaved off insteadconeheads.jpgNOT a good luck for mum LOL. Also my friend parents both said NO to flying but when she gave then airmiles and the fact they missed there grandchildren so much they flew and have never looked back, in fact it started a new adventures for them and they fly all over the place now (they are both in there 70's) No one can say either way wether your family fly or not, but i do hope they don't let it hold them back, life is too short.

My Mother said she wouldn't come out because of a fear of flying, but did it anyway at 75, I don't like to fly either, but went back to the UK to see family & friends etc, wouldn't do it again, it made me realise why we left in the first place.

Archived