best mobile network uk to oz??

KazzE

Hi

My DD will be staying in the UK to do her degree so I need a good way to communicate with her, we will have msn and I think I have sussed out landlines but I am hoping someone can tell me the best/cheapest mobile company for call to Oz from UK especially text

we are used to texting each other so a good price for texting would be helpful

At the moment both DD and DS are on a really good contract with no monthly line rental, they only pay for calls but I know that texting or ringing Oz is probably going to be really expensive so we are looking for an alternative.

ta chooks

Karen X

Guest sheena
Hi

My DD will be staying in the UK to do her degree so I need a good way to communicate with her, we will have msn and I think I have sussed out landlines but I am hoping someone can tell me the best/cheapest mobile company for call to Oz from UK especially text

At the moment both DD and DS are on a really good contract with no monthly line rental, they only pay for calls but I know that texting or ringing Oz is probably going to be really expensive so we are looking for an alternative.

ta chooks

Karen X

hiya karen! we are on vodafone and have what they call a $29 jumbo cap, and for that we get $150 worth of credit to talk, text etc! the only thing with it is you have to use it within 4 weeks, but then you just get another one!! but really good value, called uk for 30 mins and think it only cost $60 or so and still had plenty left for texting!!! ps. i know you wanted uk to oz! but when your here you can get it!!

sheena :wubclub:

Guest sweetpea0701
Hi

ta chooks

Karen X

I'm looking @ Skype mobile phones as leaving 19yr old son behind.

They are £69 a pair on a PAYG contract, calls & instant messages between the skype phones is free.

Just google it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest steve176

We too are considering skpe PAYG. We dont know if we can buy the handsets here in the UK prior to leaving for Oz in September or getting them when we arrive. I think the phone is retailing for around the 40 quid mark here and read somewhere that they are 199 AUD in Oz.

Guest Clarinsred

I use '3', when we went to oz, I could call uk for free, and my son on his '3' could call me (on my '3' phone) in oz for free. We just had to make sure it was on the '3' network before ringing. This was great because we could also video phone and see each other!

This was part of our £15 per month contract.

Guest steve176
I use '3', when we went to oz, I could call uk for free, and my son on his '3' could call me (on my '3' phone) in oz for free. We just had to make sure it was on the '3' network before ringing. This was great because we could also video phone and see each other!

This was part of our £15 per month contract.

Are you contracted to "3" in the U.K or Oz

Archived