Working Holiday Visas

Guest ColetteandLee

Guest ColetteandLee

Hi All, Im new to this site so i hope im posting in the right places!! lol!

Im 21 and looking to move out to Oz and have been reccomended a Working Holiday Visa ...

Anyone have one of these or had experience ofgoing over in this way??? Your feedback would be great as i dont know where to start!!

Cheers Guys

Letty:jiggy:

Guest mandisfam

Hi and welcome to PIO, I went out to oz on a working holiday visa back in 2001.

The visa is what it says, its a temporary visa that allows you work whilst in oz to basically fund your holiday and living costs. The visa is valid from 12 months from arrival on australian soil. After that time, you do have to leave the country, unless of course you have managed to secure a vaild visa to continue after the 12 months.

It does have work limitations in that, you can only work for the same employer for a maximum of 3 months. Although this may be longer now, as I think there was changes to this in the 1st of July changes, so check it on the official immigration website. Link below:

It is quite straight forward to apply for and not expensive in comparison to other visas. So I doubt you would need the advice of an agent. And they do come through quite quickly, well they use to, I applied and had mine in 3 months.

The only other option you might want to consider is a student visa. But as I don't know your circumstances, it may not be an option for you. Or you could do the working holiday visa first, then come back and go back on a student visa, but Im afraid I don't know much about student visas.

Good Luck

Mandisfam

• 2 weeks later...
Guest msceri

Hi Letty,

I'm heading out to Oz in September on my working holiday visa. I only applied for it a couple of days ago online and it was granted within 5 minutes! So if you don't have a criminal record/medial issues etc then you should get one quickly with no problem.

Once your visa has been granted you can travel to Australia within the next 12 months to activate it, and then stay for 12 months in the country once it's been activated.

Which part of Oz are you thinking about heading to?

Ceri

Archived