Don't like Australia!

tracy123

What is it with Australia you don’t like? Hang on, NO I DON’T REALLY CARE! If you don’t like it go home. You have done more than most and given it a chance. Chalk it up to one of life’s lessons and move on.

Most English people I speak to are not happy about all these new immigrants coming into this Country (England) and God forbid when they slate England and don’t like certain aspects of English culture, they seem to get a right grilling for it.

Australia is what it is. Why should it change for you?! If we wanted to be different we would change but we are happy the way we are. If you don’t like it deal with it, except it or move on.

I came to England to experience a different culture and to tell you the truth I don’t like it. People are to busy to say hello, manors don’t seem to exist! things that don’t cost anything have disappeared. I have a choice to except it deal with it or move on. I have accepted it.

You drive into a country town and a lot of them are lovely, old buildings cobbled streets, a really old world feel to the place. Then you walk down the main street and you have boots, Somerfield’s, Superdrug, Greggs, Evens etc etc etc Gee where am I???? I may as well go to the Trafford centre. England is loosing its culture and it has nothing to do with Immigrants it has to do with big business and Government. How many of you lot have your own butcher, green grocer baker that you go to? Or is it all done in the weekly shop? If you don’t support your local shops they close and the big companies roll right in.

I think some of the people wanting to return home need to take off their rose coloured glasses. You left for a reason do you think it has really got any better?

Before anyone starts YES I have put this on to stir the pot. I have a right to my beliefs as you do yours! I’ve named no names I am putting no one down. As the saying goes IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT, DON’T READ IT AND DON’T RESPOND……..

Have a great day

Geoffrey

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good on ya As a aussie I dont know how you have kept your mouth shut for so long I totally agree with your comments and ps I hope your not dissing my home town of blackburn lol!!!!!

Guest jchrisj

Wow, Common sense on poms in oz, Is this the future,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Nah never happen!

Wait for the onslaught!

Gotta say i tottaly agree, hence............selling it, packing the rest and off we pop. Wanna see a kangaroo

Good on ya As a aussie I dont know how you have kept your mouth shut for so long I totally agree with your comments and ps I hope your not dissing my home town of blackburn lol!!!!!

No love Blackburn, but what do I know Im Australian. LOL

Guest Jaynie

It's taken a long time, you have put up with so much Geoffrey and you have done everything to try and help people, you are coming over here to show Tracy and the kids a life they could live, but at the end of the day if Tracy says no you will remain in the UK.

What gets me in all this is certain people who stir the pot (no names but you know who you are) they are over here.....I ask myself 'Why did you want to come here in the first place?' There was obviously a reason for moving here, okay so you don't like it here, but why put terrible comments on a public forum upsetting people who genuinely like living here and upsetting people who are looking at coming here for a new life. We have choices in life, nobody can make you do something you don't want to do, if it's not for you then that's okay, but please keep the sarcastic and derogatory comments to yourselves, if you can't say anything nice, then say nothing at all.

I personally love living in Australia, this is my home, I am here on the forums to help people with their enquires and give support to those who need it. Can't help with the migration process to much extent as it's all changed since I arrived here. I love to come on a read a great thread, have a laugh and a chat.

I do not hate the UK, I don't comment on the bad things, it has plenty to offer but then again so does this country.:wubclub:

geoff even through there a big difference to the uk here in Brisbane i would not swap being with my finace and her son every even through I whringe about the stuff which are completely different to home oterwise i be in the uk messengering her or calling her so yea i Whringe about the back wad things but i got the two people who matter to me more

No love Blackburn, but what do I know Im Australian. LOL

lol if you love blackburn then there is definatly something wrong with you!!!

Guest Colin R

Blimey Geoffrey I agree with you. I love Australia. Well Tassie actually. But I dont hate England I was born there just I love here too. Thought, and are making a better way of life for us. It isnt the people in UK its certainly is the government and big business trouble is that the big business have a stranglehold and once they have finally throttled every town they will be in control of everything. In the town I lived in we used to have small family owned shops who would do everything they could . Even open out of hours if you needed something but Tescos moved in ,and the butcher , chemist, drycleaners,florist, opticians, fishmongers , deli, etc etc cant compete with the big boys so they go out of business. It takes the whole heart and soul out of the towns. People then only use them as bed and breakfast. out to work all day and shop out of town then back at night. No community anymore.

Over here it isnt like that YET . we still have a community and it has given me back how it used to be in the Uk some 20 years ago. Most people know each other ( and not because they are all related!!) they look out for each other and thats is how it should be. For that reason I feel that I am so lucky to be here. I am sure that in the smaller towns on the mainland it are like that too. At the end of the day It is up to the individual what the like or dislike about Australia. and if they want to back to the Uk then thats up to them. But for me its home now and as soon as I and Colin and our son can becaome citizens of the country that that will be a great day and a big party. But I will always be a pom because thats were I came from and really I will only ever be an apprentice Australian. But it will be a proud day when we get our certificate.

Best wishes Geoffrey

Sally

x

Guest tiff

I have got to be honest, I didn't know where the term 'Whinging Pom' came from until I came to this forum.

Guest Jaynie
I have got to be honest, I didn't know where the term 'Whinging Pom' came from until I came to this forum.

I clicked your chicken for that!!!!

Guest tiff
'Why did you want to come here in the first place?' There was obviously a reason for moving here, okay so you don't like it here, but why put terrible comments on a public forum upsetting people who genuinely like living here and upsetting people who are looking at coming here for a new life. We have choices in life, nobody can make you do something you don't want to do, if it's not for you then that's okay, but please keep the sarcastic and derogatory comments to yourselves, if you can't say anything nice, then say nothing at all.

Agreed, but those of us who are immigrating, have to bear in mind....the happy ex pats, are too busy enjoying life to sit behind a computer 24/7 moaning about how miserable they are in Aus.:smile:

Guest earlswood
What is it with Australia you don’t like? Hang on, NO I DON’T REALLY CARE! If you don’t like it go home. You have done more than most and given it a chance. Chalk it up to one of life’s lessons and move on.

Most English people I speak to are not happy about all these new immigrants coming into this Country (England) and God forbid when they slate England and don’t like certain aspects of English culture, they seem to get a right grilling for it.

Australia is what it is. Why should it change for you?! If we wanted to be different we would change but we are happy the way we are. If you don’t like it deal with it, except it or move on.

I came to England to experience a different culture and to tell you the truth I don’t like it. People are to busy to say hello, manors don’t seem to exist! things that don’t cost anything have disappeared. I have a choice to except it deal with it or move on. I have accepted it.

You drive into a country town and a lot of them are lovely, old buildings cobbled streets, a really old world feel to the place. Then you walk down the main street and you have boots, Somerfield’s, Superdrug, Greggs, Evens etc etc etc Gee where am I???? I may as well go to the Trafford centre. England is loosing its culture and it has nothing to do with Immigrants it has to do with big business and Government. How many of you lot have your own butcher, green grocer baker that you go to? Or is it all done in the weekly shop? If you don’t support your local shops they close and the big companies roll right in.

I think some of the people wanting to return home need to take off their rose coloured glasses. You left for a reason do you think it has really got any better?

Before anyone starts YES I have put this on to stir the pot. I have a right to my beliefs as you do yours! I’ve named no names I am putting no one down. As the saying goes IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT, DON’T READ IT AND DON’T RESPOND……..

Have a great day

Geoffrey

Who didn't get his saturday night slap and tickle from Mrs G then.

Blimey Geoff...sit down and take a chill pill....remove all sharp objects from around you and have a nice cup of tea mate.

Guest tiff
I clicked your chicken for that!!!!

Ooh I don't know what that means, but I like the sound of it....lol:yes:

Have a great day

Geoffrey

Cant believe I am acutally gonna say this BUT, at first I was of the same opinion but now I am actually glad these views are on here. It has prepared me for what to expect in OZ and I am grateful to all those who do take the time to give their story.

Having said that I do agree with Geoffrey that if in OZ do as they do. It is their country after all

Guest gary12
Blimey Geoffrey I agree with you. I love Australia. Well Tassie actually. But I dont hate England I was born there just I love here too. Thought, and are making a better way of life for us. It isnt the people in UK its certainly is the government and big business trouble is that the big business have a stranglehold and once they have finally throttled every town they will be in control of everything. In the town I lived in we used to have small family owned shops who would do everything they could . Even open out of hours if you needed something but Tescos moved in ,and the butcher , chemist, drycleaners,florist, opticians, fishmongers , deli, etc etc cant compete with the big boys so they go out of business. It takes the whole heart and soul out of the towns. People then only use them as bed and breakfast. out to work all day and shop out of town then back at night. No community anymore.

Over here it isnt like that YET . we still have a community and it has given me back how it used to be in the Uk some 20 years ago. Most people know each other ( and not because they are all related!!) they look out for each other and thats is how it should be. For that reason I feel that I am so lucky to be here. I am sure that in the smaller towns on the mainland it are like that too. At the end of the day It is up to the individual what the like or dislike about Australia. and if they want to back to the Uk then thats up to them. But for me its home now and as soon as I and Colin and our son can becaome citizens of the country that that will be a great day and a big party. But I will always be a pom because thats were I came from and really I will only ever be an apprentice Australian. But it will be a proud day when we get our certificate.

Best wishes Geoffrey

Sally

x

Just on the subject of the demise of small local shops and shopkeepers, I think in hindsight a lot of them (but not all) contributed to their own downfall by not moving with the times in terms of opening hours.

English society changed, with more and more working mothers so most shopping was done during evenings and weekends. The local shopkeeping fraternity (with the exception of the corner shops) didn't change thir hours to suit and so the supermarkets cleaned up.

Gary

Guest moonraker1961

No one on this forum is going to be happy 100% of the time are they?We use Trip Advizor alot for our travels and one person might say a certain hotel is fantastic,then next person might say its totally crap!Each to their own!!! No where is perfect.

Good for you Geoffrey there is absolutly nothing wrong with sticking up for your country I am sure thousands have gone there and hated it and I am sure thousands have gone and loved it. For the record I would love to see those figures woudlnt you?

Just how many have stayed and how many have returned I wonder if there is anywhere we could find out ?:GEEK:

Guest rob & shaz

I think it it a great post, i do laugh to myself when people come back because they are missing the seasons (hello we havent got any now really its either rainy cold windy a little bit of sunshine all on the same day ) at least when in aus if you plan a bbq you now you are having it . Take last night we went to one ,cancelled , rain all night in worcester so had a lasagne instead, oh and loads of wine. .shaz

Guest earlswood
I think it it a great post, i do laugh to myself when people come back because they are missing the seasons (hello we havent got any now really its either rainy cold windy a little bit of sunshine all on the same day ) at least when in aus if you plan a bbq you now you are having it . Take last night we went to one ,cancelled , rain all night in worcester so had a lasagne instead, oh and loads of wine. .shaz

Of course the UK still has the seasons.and I miss them big time... we get more annual rainfall in Perth than in London and you can have a BBQ ruined over here just as much as back home shaz.

seasons-tree.jpg

Guest kdal
Just on the subject of the demise of small local shops and shopkeepers, I think in hindsight a lot of them (but not all) contributed to their own downfall by not moving with the times in terms of opening hours.

English society changed, with more and more working mothers so most shopping was done during evenings and weekends. The local shopkeeping fraternity (with the exception of the corner shops) didn't change thir hours to suit and so the supermarkets cleaned up.

Gary

Gary, Sorry but dont totally agree with you here. In our local town we have an Asda before Asda came along we had green grocers and butchers etc.. anyway Asda put their prices of groceries so cheap that the butcher etc.. could not do the same. Asda also bought half the town and eventually put the rents up making it unaffordable to trade for the green groceries and butchers and thus putting them out of business. The Vegetable man was the first to go and as soon as he did Asda put their prices of vegetables and fruit up !! Then likewise with the Butchers :no:.

Anyway back to Geoffreys thread and Yes you are right if you dont like it then its time to move on.

Good Luck all

Hi Geoffrey, I think many of your comments are right, Britain has a whole, does have lots of culture and history still though, and many people still come to the UK to see these things. Unfortunately the supermarkets have taken the business away from the smaller shops and even the milkman is now suffering to compete with supermarket prices. We still support our milkman even though it is more expensive. Supermarkets are a more convenient way to shop for alot of people as we all lead such busy lives now. I just can't wait to experience Oz for ourselves, i'm sure we will be very happy there, you can make the two comparisons between the countries and i think we know which one you prefer. Gud on you

Best wishes

Tania X

Archived