Does pregnancy effect visa application?

Guest Loopz

Guest Loopz

Hi there to everyone!

Does anyone know if it makes a difference to your visa application, if you are pregnant?

Me and my partner were planning to start trying for a baby in the coming months and now we've also just decided to try for a perminent visa to Oz. Should we go ahead and try for a baby as the visa application process takes awhile? or should we wait until we get out there? And if the baby is born in Oz do we have to apply for a visa for the baby?

Thanks for viewing, any help would be great!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Loopz

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

If Baby is born in Australia after you become Permanent Residents of Australia then Baby will automatically become an Australian Citizen by birth: You would also get a grant of $4,000 called the Baby Nobus, by the way!

Citizenship by birth

If you become pregnat and Baby is born in the UK before your PR vsa is granted, Baby can be added to your PR visa application at no additional cost apart from a very basic meds check for Baby. Baby will later acquire Australian Citizenship by conferral at the same time as yourselves:

Applying for citizenship

If you become pregnant and baby is born in the UK after your visa is granted but before you move to Australia, you will need to obtain a Child Visa for Baby:

Child Visa (Offshore) (Subclass 101)

If you start the visa application process but discover wilst waiting that you are pregnant, teh chances are that your doctors will advise you not to have a chest x-ray until after Baby has been born. That is not a problem. DIAC simply put the visa application on "hold", the whole family (including Baby) have the meds at the same time and Baby is added to the application for the PR visa, as described above.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest leeob77

we found out my wife was pregnant after sending off our visa application. (sent visa in august 07).

after our daughter was born (march 07) we got her a passport and then sent a form to diac (change of circumstance). we then did all our meds together. wasn't a problem at all. didnt cause us any delay (or should i say extra delay - takes bloody ages for visa anyway!). it's a very common thing and wont cause you any issues.

good luck!!!!!

Archived