• Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

taking a dog to Australia

Does anyone have any idea roughly how much it would cost to take a dog? People keep saying a lot but does anyone know a rough figure?

Title
      heading for Gold Coast!
      Faversham,kent to gold coast on the 29th June 10!!
      Liked
      34 times
      Rep
      Hi

we are taking 2 Dachshunds because have been told if you have more than 2 you have to register as kennel. But we have had a quote for £1800 it will be another $600 each for quaritine which is a month, but have not found out vet bills this end yet our vet just had a very large grin on his face when told him our plans. they charge by weight of animal and all this was based at going to brisbane not sure if it would be any cheaper at perth being shorter distance.
      The quotes are free from the pet companies they want mind if you give them a call, hope this helps.
      Lou.
      Clint36,Lou36,Harrison14,Sydney13,Brogan11, Courtney10.
      175 Carpenter/Joiner,4/08 Vet sent,5/08-passed,7/08 Prac test,8/08 2nd stg passed,10/08 Visa Lodged.03/09 176!,CO 18/2/10 Visa Grant 9/4/10 Flights booked 29/6/10

Title
      Teenagers in Oz
      Liked
      10 times
      Rep
      We bought 2 Retrievers to Sydney this Jan and it cost us 4300GBP (sorry no pound sign on laptop) and another $1300 for quarantine for the 2 of them. We used a company called Golden Arrow based in Shropshire and they were excellent, they go by the size of the dog btw.
      The dogs have to be up to date with their vaccinations (but shouldnt have the Lepto vaccine) and be microchipped then 4 weeks before flying they have to have blood tests which cost about 200 pounds (sorry I cant remember whether this was each or for both of them, I just shut my eyes and signed the bill lol) your own vet should do these.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Another thought, the quarantine stations get booked up early and may have a waiting list of a few months so be sure to start sorting it early.

Sam x

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      thank you for that. How did they manage with the change and different climate

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      We used Pet Exports Ltd
      near Heathrow tel. 0208 3845020
      Their bill was 1,896pounds for the two dogs inc. flights, crates(especially made,) vet seal, and uk customs form, obvioulsy there was my local vets bill - blood tests etc. I also contacted AQIS in Canberra and did that paperwork bit myself (export certificate) which saved money. We also had to pay for quarantine in Melbourne for a month. If you need any more help please dsont hesitate to contact me. Where are you moving to and when???? Best wishes Jackie[/quote]

Title
      Liked
      29 times
      Rep
      We had a quote from White House Kennels (I think somebody on here recommended it) there were very knowledgeable also. We have 2 german shepherds, one large male one smaller female, quote came in at just over 5K (eek) this includes flights and all the other stuff but presumably not the vets bit. They are done on size of crate which relates to their size but not weight, hence you need to make sure measured correctly as if you have too large a crate you could be paying for air space. On top of that is the quarentine costs. I need to contact Golden Arrow for a price also. We have 2 cats but I reallly don't want to take because one is getting on and I dont' think he can hack the journey but it's a tough choice to make. Jeanette

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      our bull mastiff can only fly from heathrow due to regulations, but got loads of quotes and airsupply shipping are cheapest at 2300 (others were up to 4000 so shop around). quarantine is $17.55 per day for 30 days, vets i'm not sure but a few hundred at least i think. go on australian gov import website for good advice. also airpets were next cheapest quote!

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      hi we are using airpets, i thought since i am having enough stress i have opted for them to do absolutely everything. so for 2 siberian huskies they have charged me 4465. i have to get blood tests done but otherwise they do the lot. they base it on the size of the dogs not the weight. keep emailing people for quotes you can get them cheaper if you say you will apply for the export and permits but when there is so much to do let the experts take the strain they know what they are doing.
      good luck

Title
      From Blackpool Lancashire to Burpengary QLD
      Liked
      15 times
      Rep
      We used Golden Arrows for our German Shepherd they charged £2450 I got my own export certificate, the vets bills for blood tests were approx £150, then quaranitine which was approx $800, Golden Arrows were excellent.

Christine

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi have just been reading this thread about dogs and shipping, I am interested as I have 2 staffie's that will be shipped (not at that stage yet) but am confused as thought that the quarantine stations were only in certain airports, noticed someone said they were shipping dogs to Brisbane, I thought they had to go to Sydney, please could someone clarify as am slightly confused (no change there then). Just completed paperwork for Vetasses so brain dead to be honest.
      Thanks Lori

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast