Things to do in UK before you leave

Guest Mel.R

Guest Mel.R

My o/h and I have started to think about things we would like to do with our kids before we head off to oz. we have started with:

Go to Cadbury world

Take boys to a West Ham match

Go to Wembley

Super bikes at Brands Hatch (went years ago - great fun)

I'm still thinking of what else....brains gone completely dead now!!!!

Just thought it would be good to see what other people would like to do before they go.......

Guest chris_mac

Lego Land, London Eye, Buckingham Palace, ask them what they would like to do as well.

Vetassess paper assessment passed today!

Guest jogrant3232

Done most of them, the only ones left are:

Weekend in Blackpool with the kids & grand kids not coming with us

Day at Wembley(hopefully to watch BLUES) we live in hope, may have to come back for that one.

Holiday with Mum & Dad

Guest Megss

Hey! Thats so funny, i was talking about the same thing with my step kids today!!

All i've come up with so far is - Scotland!!! I'd feel ashamed to leave the UK and to have never been there!!

We've decided to work on our list!

x

Guest gary12

We are working our way around places too. I have to say having been to Cadbury World with my 4yr old it wasn't really worth the money ( and I had a free ticket!). I thought London Eye too but have been put off that. Scotland is on my list so is Stockholm and the Peak District which I have now ticked off.

Michelle

Guest Mel.R
We are working our way around places too. I have to say having been to Cadbury World with my 4yr old it wasn't really worth the money ( and I had a free ticket!). I thought London Eye too but have been put off that. Scotland is on my list so is Stockholm and the Peak District which I have now ticked off.

Michelle

That's a shame - I though Cadbury world would be really good what with all that chocolate!!!!!! lol. A weekend in Scotland is a great idea though, and a couple of people have posted that. so I will add that one to my list.

Guest Les & Woz
My o/h and I have started to think about things we would like to do with our kids before we head off to oz. we have started with:

Go to Cadbury world

Go to Wembley

Just thought it would be good to see what other people would like to do before they go.......

Hi

I would like to see:

Scotland - probably Edinburgh for a weekend

Ireland - Dublin which everyone says is fantastic for a boozy weekend

Eden Project

Windsor Castle

Kew Gardens (went there when I was about 8 years old)

Have also started on some of Europe. Went to Rome weekend after last and it was fantastic. Would like to get to Amsterdam, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden or Finland and Iceland!

Doubt if I'll get to do it all but will have a good go at it!

Les:chatterbox:

Guest Megss
Hi

I would like to see:

Scotland - probably Edinburgh for a weekend

Ireland - Dublin which everyone says is fantastic for a boozy weekend

Eden Project

Windsor Castle

Kew Gardens (went there when I was about 8 years old)

Have also started on some of Europe. Went to Rome weekend after last and it was fantastic. Would like to get to Amsterdam, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden or Finland and Iceland!

Doubt if I'll get to do it all but will have a good go at it!

Les:chatterbox:

Think i'll just copy your list! Exactly what i want to do!

Guest billnben

Hi from Fife (across the water from Edinburgh). Lived in Edinburgh my whole life till 5 months ago, so if you need any info, ask away.

Pauline (ben, better half of billnben)

x

Guest diesellisle

Legoland is on our list too :) I fancy the Eden Project too and perhaps a last visit to Woolacombe before we go! I love that part of England as it really reminds me of the holidays that I had when I was a little girl. Might get a weekend in London is somewhere if we can! Stonehenge......

We will be coming back to see family and friends once in a while so might get some of the other stuff done then....lol!

Lisa X

Guest paul the red robin

before me and the family go i,m going to take my daughter millie(2) to watch the THE MIGHTY HULL KINGSTON ROVERS :notworthy:

We did a family wish list, it was really surprising that we all put a trip to Edinburgh as one of the things to do. Had a long weekend and it was brilliant. I took the kids to Cadbury world with a friend and her children, we decided to do it as a little coach tour and it was great, staying at a hotel and going to a safari park later.

Ali

Hi, we left in Sept 07. Didn't do too much extra but did have the last week-end in London. We went to Proms In the Park, it was a bit of let down to be honest, also had afternoon tea at The Savoy, absolutely fantastic experience, wonderful food, great tea. My 7 year old had eyes like saucers, looking at all the little cakes.

Hope you get to see all your favourite places.

Blondie

Didn't make the most of our last few weeks in the UK, too busy trying to sell the house and make our getaway! Never been to Scotland or Ireland either, the shame!

Alton Towers is good

Theatre of Dreams (Old Trafford, has to be done in my OH's opinion!)

If in Europe, Paris (my favourite), including EuroDisney, as there's no Disney here- not even a Disney Store!

Have a great last few weeks all of you,

Jo x

Go to Cadbury world

Go to Wembley

Hi Mel,

Great idea - Cadbury World is fab, we also took in that same weekend Coronation Street & Cheddar Gorge.

Wish I had done the Euro Tunnel & Euro Disney (although done plenty of beer runs !!!)

Guest misschief

Some great ideas here! My 3 kids want to do the whole tourist thing in London. Luckily we are staying with the out-laws for a couple of weeks before we leave (they live in Erith) so hopefully we can fit in the Eye, tower, toussauds and maybe even a night at the theatre!

Luckily they've seen a lot of the rest of europe so that saves me something!! hehe.

I can highly recommend Legoland to everyone with kids age 12 and under! We had to take ours 3 times in 6 weeks (as they all wanted to go for their birthdays in the same year) and we never got bored!

Jo - there's a disney in Hong Kong

Ali

Thanks, isn't there one in Japan too? The flight here with the kids has put us off flying for a while yet though. When we go, will be one of the U.S parks I think (best get saving!)- Dan wants to watch the Lightening McQueen car, whichever one that is in.

Jo x

Guest JoanneHattersley

My list would be

*cadbury world (its great)

*lake district

*scotland

*a london show - preferably Les Mis

*lunch at Frankie and Bennys with my Dad

*shopping anywhere with my mum

*day up London

*cornwall for proper pasties

* devon for the cider

* visit places I used to live!

Not much! But I left over three years ago!

Guest EmmaC

Hi all,

We went to London and saw a west end show and had dinner near covent Garden. That was certainlely something I wanted to do before we go.

To be honest we intend to visit the Uk to see family and friends so we'll save some things on our list to do then.

Crikey...Holiday to the UK who would have thought....

E x

Crikey...Holiday to the UK who would have thought....

E x

I know! When we were younger and lived in Germany, we used to have our holidays in the UK, and it was really exciting landing in Manchester to see my family. Wonder if it will have the same effect nearly twenty years later?

Jo x

Archived