looking for poms in perth WA

Guest paulburge

Guest paulburge

Hi we live in Scarborough WA and woud be interested in chatting to some people from England and Ireland. We are originally from Birmingham UK and have lived here for 2 and a half years.

Paul Cath and children:smile::chatterbox:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi there

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I'd say the best way to get started for you is to keep an eye on the Chat room on here! The people in Perth and those headed for Perth seem to be particularly active in Chat!

Cheers

Gill

Guest jogrant3232

Also from Bham but just one problem still in Bham, hopefully late 2008 will be BBQing with you on Scarborough beach, when we visit Dec 06 Scarborough was our fave beach.

Guest Paul n Ness

HI & WELCOME !

I am originally from Brum too and hopefully in WA by November 08! Keep the beer chilled and the barbie hot :biglaugh:

Hi there Paul and family

Welcome to pio, so jealous you are there already.

We are on our way to perth as soon as we have sold the house! will be looking at living in area around mindarie. keep the stubbys cold.

Karen Mick & Lewis

Guest paulburge

Hi All,

good to hear from you !Mindarie has a large pom population and is very posh-it wont be long now-just a bit of advice make the most of the time you have with family and friends as time goes so quickly looking back that is one of our regrets that we ran out of time with all the stress of moving ect..

we had the same problem before we came over selling our house as the sale fell through but things worked out in the end and it is the best thing we have ever done and our children love it!

GOOD LUCK

if you need any more info just ask we will try to help

Regards

Paul Cath and children

Guest paulburge

Hi Both,

Where are you hoping to live?

if you need any advice we will be happy to help !

GOOD LUCK

Catherine,Paul and children

Guest paulburge

Hi all,

great to hear from you! we lived in Chelmsley wood we really miss it !(ha just joking) well you have seen the beaches and life here is not as stressful. How old is Bradley? we have got 3 children Dan 16 Elicia 12 and George 22months-yes he was our surprise one! thought it was the stress of the move but we not only moved to oz and moved house 5 times in 2 and a half years we also had a baby-we dont do things the easy way-HA!

Where are you hoping to move to?

Have you got jobs?

Have you got family and friends over here?

im sure there are lots of questions to ask so we will be happy to help.

it was difficult when we came over at first and i have got 2 sisters and 2 brothers here, but i feel that we are starting to settle in and the kids are happier at school it just takes time and i have had moments when i have wanted to return but they dont last long!

YOU ARE MAKING THE RIGHT DECISION EVERYTHING WILL BE GREAT!

keep in touch

Cath,Paul and kids

Guest surfup

Hi Paul and family

How strange was just on here looking for poms in Scarborough My name is Vicki and my husband is leigh we have two kids 5 and 6 and guess what ??? Just moved to Scarborough been here for about 7 weeks and loving it how are you and your family finding it?

Guest paulburge

Hi Vicki and family,

The kids love Australia and we have settled well

how are you finding it here?

Cath and paul

Guest mikerees

Hi Paul & Cath,

We are going to be out in Perth on May 17th. Moving to Canning Vale SOR.

Would love to meet up with fellow POM's. We love Scarborough, and go there with friends.

Also have wife's cousin living in Joondalup who has ben over in Perth 18 months.

Dad's family are from Brum originally - Kings Norton?

Look after yourselves

Mike & Claire

Guest diesellisle

Hiya Paul & family,

I am from Leamington Spa originally (my Dad was born in Acocks Green), currently living in Mansfield but soon to be Perth (we hope!). Oh has a job in Subiaco to go to (he is a nurse). We are aiming to be there by late 2008/early 2009 and can't wait.Our eldest keeps asking me 'Mum, are we going to Australia today?'. How are you and your kids finding it?

Take care,

Lisa

Guest paulburge
Hiya Paul & family,

I am from Leamington Spa originally (my Dad was born in Acocks Green), currently living in Mansfield but soon to be Perth (we hope!). Oh has a job in Subiaco to go to (he is a nurse). We are aiming to be there by late 2008/early 2009 and can't wait.Our eldest keeps asking me 'Mum, are we going to Australia today?'. How are you and your kids finding it?

Take care,

Lisa

HI Lisa,

congratulations ! you wont regret it we love it here, place beautiful, people are very friendly and helpful we havent met any nasty people. Our children were a little bit older than yours so that is a bonus for you. My children struggled at first but they soon settled in. We love all the parks and the fact that children can be children they dont seem to have that pressure that children in UK have to grow up too soon. Before we left Birmingham our oldest son was threatened with a knife and that experience really made up our minds-i can honestly say it was the right decision for all of us:biglaugh:.

What hospital will your hubby be working at? My sister in law is a nurse over here, she also moved from Brum it may be useful for him to talk to her if he needs any advice.

I really wouldnt worry about your children they will love it here,my 12 year old daughter has surfing lessons at Scarborough beach which is organised by the school-how good is that!

Are you planning to live in subiaco? it is quite expensive to live there but very nice as it still has alot of the older architecture.

Keep in touch

it always helps when you can ask for advice as it is a huge step but a good one!

Best Wishes

Cath, Paul, Dan(16) Elicia(12)George(22months)

Guest diesellisle

Hiya Cath & Paul,

Thanks for the reply. It is great to hear that you and the kids are enjoying life over there so much - it sounds like the lifestyle is perfect for families. The surfing lessons are a fantastic idea. I certainly worry about what a future in the UK would hold for our boys. Our eldest is in his first year at school so not too far into the system thankfully - I hope that will make the move a little easier for him.

OH's job is at the King Edward Memorial Hospital in Subiaco. All advice is greatly appreciated. He will be working in theatres. We asked his new manager about places to live nearby and she suggested these suburbs; Wembley, Trigg, Scarborough, Jolimont, Innaloo, Joondanna, Leederville, Churchlands...any thoughts? or places to avoid! We don't want to be too far away from Jeff's work but would like somewhere with plenty of room for the kids too. By the time we get there, Max will have found his feet, so the more room to explore the better...lol! It is a minefield when you don't really know a place, isn't it?

Take care,

Lisa X

Guest paulburge

Hi Mike and Claire,

we would love to meet up !

let us know when and where

Best Wishes

Cath and Paul

Guest paulburge

Hi Lisa,

will you be renting or buying a property?

would you need a 3 0r 4 bed property?

From Scarborough you can travel to subiaco in 15-20mins,Wembley,innaloo,doubleview are also not to far away from subiaco the rental prices range from $350 upwards if you want me to send any info on estate agents i will find out the websites and you can browse yourself-

Paul also worked in subiaco it is not to far away and you can travel down west coast highway the view of the ocean is beautiful beats the rush hour traffic in the UK!

TAKE CARE

Cath, Paul and children

Hi All,

good to hear from you !Mindarie has a large pom population and is very posh-it wont be long now-just a bit of advice make the most of the time you have with family and friends as time goes so quickly looking back that is one of our regrets that we ran out of time with all the stress of moving ect..

we had the same problem before we came over selling our house as the sale fell through but things worked out in the end and it is the best thing we have ever done and our children love it!

GOOD LUCK

if you need any more info just ask we will try to help

Regards

Paul Cath and children

Thanks for your advice - this has been in the planning for years, shame we didn't get our visa last year when houses were selling, but what will be, will be - we just have to be patient. We will absolutely take on board your advice with respect to family and friends - we are not looking forward to saying goodbye, but we will remind everybody that its only a flight away.

Karen, Mick and Lewis :cute:

Guest mikerees

Hi Cath & Paul,

We will keep in touch with you, and will definately have to meet up with you both when we get out there (5 weeks yesterday)

Have just spent the morning cleaning stuff in the garage with Jeyes fluid & made me feel really bad - wanted to throw up with the smell!

Look after yourselves & see you soon

Mike & Claire

Guest diesellisle

Thanks Cath & Paul,

That is handy to know - we have been having a look on the REIWA and Domain real estate sites and there seem to be a range of properties within our budget thankfully. We are concentrating the search on Scarborough, Innaloo, Doubleview and a few other northern suburbs to keep our options open. We will be renting when we first get there but looking to buy a property eventually once we are a little more settled. There are so many things to think about, our heads are spinning!

Jeff's new employers would like him there yesterday but we have to sell our house first, which after looking at local house prices will be a slow process....boo hoo! It's a really strange stage when you know that you don't want to stay but you can't go yet either...!!It sounds so great and we just can't wait to get there.

Take care and thanks for the info!

Lisa X

Archived