Yellow Gecko Films

Guest the terry's

Guest the terry's

I would just like to say that Yellow Gecko Films have produced a DVD about moving to Australia which is very well presented (No camcorder's!!) and very informative. We purchased this dvd from Jo & Dion (many thanks again) which arrived in top nick and on time. It's very good really as there are not a lot of dvd's out there that has the sort of info this one does. It's filmed in Queensland and looks lovely there, but it has information from immigration to food and white goods etc.

GO ON GUY'S GIVE IT A GO ! :wubclub:

Find Yellow Gecko in the members section.

Helenx

Guest YellowGecko

Thanks for your support, guys!

Having watched it, Helen, you are very familiar with the voice of our narrator, Kerry.

Funny tidbit about that... whilst in the editing stage (during my pregnancy), we spent many days and nights in the editing suite, where we heard dear Kerry's soothing Aussie narrative for hours on end, on a daily basis.

What happened was that the baby grew overly familiar with his voice and we fear bubs now thinks he is their dad!

Everytime my belly hears Kerry's voice now, she wriggles excitedly, non-stop!

One time, I didn't feel any movement for almost a day... put our DVD on.. and as if by magic, my belly came to life!! LOL!!!

(Got to wean her off from him gently...)

:yes:

My blood pressure's up and so off to bed.

Mr YG might pop on, in a bit.

Jo x

Guest Dowell Family
Thanks for your support, guys!

Having watched it, Helen, you are very familiar with the voice of our narrator, Kerry.

Funny tidbit about that... whilst in the editing stage (during my pregnancy), we spent many days and nights in the editing suite, where we heard dear Kerry's soothing Aussie narrative for hours on end, on a daily basis.

What happened was that the baby grew overly familiar with his voice and we fear bubs now thinks he is their dad!

Everytime my belly hears Kerry's voice now, she wriggles excitedly, non-stop!

One time, I didn't feel any movement for almost a day... put our DVD on.. and as if by magic, my belly came to life!! LOL!!!

(Got to wean her off from him gently...)

:yes:

My blood pressure's up and so off to bed.

Mr YG might pop on, in a bit.

Jo x

Hi Mr & Mrs YG,

Would just like to agree with this thread. I eagerly awaited the delivery of my DVD after ordering it and it came yesterday - Thank you.

I have watched it and it is brilliant! Not only do you get to see some wonderful wildlife and scenery, along with soothing voice overs and music, it is VERY VERY informative.

I am glad that Mrs YG came on line when she did! It was definitely worth the money and would say that anyone interested in moving to Queensland especially will get a bit of a sneak preview of scenery/wildlife to expect along with lots of well thought out info!!

Has baby arrived yet by the way??

Regards

Sonia :notworthy:

Guest YellowGecko
Hi Mr & Mrs YG,

Would just like to agree with this thread. I eagerly awaited the delivery of my DVD after ordering it and it came yesterday - Thank you.

I have watched it and it is brilliant! Not only do you get to see some wonderful wildlife and scenery, along with soothing voice overs and music, it is VERY VERY informative.

I am glad that Mrs YG came on line when she did! It was definitely worth the money and would say that anyone interested in moving to Queensland especially will get a bit of a sneak preview of scenery/wildlife to expect along with lots of well thought out info!!

Has baby arrived yet by the way??

Regards

Sonia :notworthy:

Ohh shucks...thanks, that is very nice of you to say so! Also glad you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed producing it. Was over a year in production, and many late nights editing.

Baby is still inside big tum tum. Mrs YG's belly now looks like a light pink space-hopper without handles! Cheers for asking. Not long to go now though. 3 weeks according to the midwife and doctor. Lots of wriggling by the little one and Mrs YG's poor feet feel like they want to pop. I keep telling her, not long to go now, beautiful girl.

We both cannot wait to meet our little first born.

Mr YG.:spinny::yes:

Guest wiseowl

No camcorders" - I know which one you mean, Helen. I bought that so-called Living Down Under DVD and feel I got totally ripped off! I am very cross!

It is HORRIBLE and very very badly produced.

Not only that, but loads of MISTAKES!

- The seasons were read out all wrong... ie.. she says the Spring months in Australia are actually the Autumn months!

- The pictures shown on screen do NOT match the voice-over!

- NO picturesque scenes whatsoever.. mostly looking at cars in carparks, etc!

- Narrator stumbles and stutters!

- Despite what narrator says, Aus salaries are NOT the same as the UK!

- Distorted audio, all at differing levels! Had to keep turning the volume up and down on my remote!

- Annoying pauses between segments!

- Lots of wind noise in the microphone!

- Annoying shakey camera!

- Lots of mistakes in voice-over, that have been left IN!

- My one was meant to be the "Gold Coast" version but actually has shots of the Sunshine Coast in!

- Scenes cut off dead, halfway through voice!

- The whole thing is VERY tedious!

- Mispronunciations and innacurate "facts" read out!

- VERY badly shot!

I cannot believe I actually paid for this rubbish by such an amateur! I guess you live and learn!

Guest Glynn2547

Hi,

I must agree with the above thread. we too purchased Yellow Gecko's DVD of moving to Australia. We found it a great help, very well produced and professional. If you are reading this and are seriously thinking of moving to OZ like my family then this is worth the investment. It's a small price to pay if you are thinking of changing the rest of your life.

Well done Yellow Gecko, I've watched this three time now. I want to go to Australia now.

Best Regards to all

Glynn and Family

Guest TheArmChairDetective
No camcorders" - I know which one you mean, Helen.....................

Hi Wiseowl, As a new member and with your first post It would have been nice for you to say Hi in the Welcome Section.

Welcome to the site and I hope you learn lots from it.

Guest YellowGecko
No camcorders" - I know which one you mean, Helen. I bought that so-called Living Down Under DVD and feel I got totally ripped off! I am very cross!

It is HORRIBLE and very very badly produced.

Not only that, but loads of MISTAKES!

- The seasons were read out all wrong... ie.. she says the Spring months in Australia are actually the Autumn months!

- The pictures shown on screen do NOT match the voice-over!

- NO picturesque scenes whatsoever.. mostly looking at cars in carparks, etc!

- Narrator stumbles and stutters!

- Despite what narrator says, Aus salaries are NOT the same as the UK!

- Distorted audio, all at differing levels! Had to keep turning the volume up and down on my remote!

- Annoying pauses between segments!

- Lots of wind noise in the microphone!

- Annoying shakey camera!

- Lots of mistakes in voice-over, that have been left IN!

- My one was meant to be the "Gold Coast" version but actually has shots of the Sunshine Coast in!

- Scenes cut off dead, halfway through voice!

- The whole thing is VERY tedious!

- Mispronunciations and innacurate "facts" read out!

- VERY badly shot!

I cannot believe I actually paid for this rubbish by such an amateur! I guess you live and learn!

Crikey!! I'm sorry you feel conned, wiseowl. Nothing new in your complaints I haven't already heard. Maybe you could ask for a refund on the product? I don't know.

I guess the last thing you want is to be spending money on another DVD, but Yellow Gecko Films' "Moving To Australia" DVD is nothing at all like the one you have just viewed. We both sell very differing products!

Maybe it's best to thoroughly research, before buying? Both have promos up on Youtube, giving a good indication of what the DVD will be like, when you buy the full version.

Anyway, hope your vent has calmed you down a bit and we'll see more posts from you around and about on the forum. Everyone's very helpful on here, you'll find.

And Hi Glynn and family! How are you doing? Thank you for the great feedback... we are so pleased you found the DVD helpful and have even watched it 3 times?! Wow, it can't be that bad then! lol

Cheers!

Mr & Mrs YG.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Wiseowl

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Perhaps if you had purchased the Yellow Gecko DVD instead of the one you selected, you would not feel so disappointed now?

Ah well. Caveat Emptor, as they say.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Yellow Gecko

We are going to be ordering the DVD when OH gets home from work, going to pay on his CC :biglaugh:

I have read on the forum that you are coming back to the UK, I have not seen your DVD but watched the preview and the quality looks fab, but can you tell me hand on heart do you actually mean everything you say on the DVD, as I know you talk about the immigration and wages etc... but when you say its an amazing place to live do you mean that!!! I cannot put into words what I mean but I think you know what I am trying to say:twitcy:

Anyway the DVD looks fab and I am going to order one

Thanks and has the baby been born yet?

Regards:wubclub:

Guest YellowGecko
Hi Yellow Gecko

We are going to be ordering the DVD when OH gets home from work, going to pay on his CC

I have read on the forum that you are coming back to the UK, I have not seen your DVD but watched the preview and the quality looks fab, but can you tell me hand on heart do you actually mean everything you say on the DVD, as I know you talk about the immigration and wages etc... but when you say its an amazing place to live do you mean that!!! I cannot put into words what I mean but I think you know what I am trying to say

Anyway the DVD looks fab and I am going to order one

Thanks and has the baby been born yet?

Regards:wubclub:

Bubs is not born yet, but VERY VERY close!!!... due on April 29th according to the professionals. Thanks for asking. Poor Jo is very tired and asleep, and wishing bubs would arrive sooner rather than later, so I will have to answer for her.

The DVD is of high quality and absolutely 100% correct and accurate. And YES, it is an amazing place to live! Beautiful also. You will find everything you need here for a great life. Don't get too worried about what you read, we are moving back for family reasons more than anything, and besides which we will be to-ing and fro-ing back to Australia to visit my family regularly anyhow. It's only a 21 hour flight, and in my opinion a great excuse to sit down and do nothing for 21 hours.

We're sure you'll enjoy the programme. :yes::spinny:

Guest Claire Waugh

Hi there

I bought the other companys DVD got it last week. We were feeling quite stressed out about the whole immigration process so was very excited to sit down and watch info on our possible new home.!!! Never had such a good laugh..My 2 year old son knows more correct info on Oz than what was given..Feel a bit bad for them as i guess they are just trying to help others and run a new business but what a waste of money..Just ordered yours..cant wait after hearing all the good reports.Cx

Hi all,

We also had the misfortune of watching the Living down under DVD, luckily for us it was on a lend from a friend so didnt get that ripped off feeling but instead got the sick tummy feeling, due to the camera being wizzed round at top speed. We only actually managed to watch half of it anyway, couldn't stand much more. Found it shockingly bad, although the people that made it thought that they were helping people maybe they should have actually watched it through before mass producing it. I find it hard to believe that they thought that it was good enough to ask money for.

Anyway, we also borrowed from the same friend Jo's (yellowgecko) lovely professional DVD. Wow what a difference. Had it a week and watched it twice already, the only downside to it is that it makes you miss Australia and want to be there now.

Horray for Yellowgecko for saving us from the DVD monster!!

Kind regards Alison x

Guest YellowGecko

Glad you guys like it so much. We certainly didn't want so much negative stuff said about the other companies DVD's, as that is not something we are into, by slagging off the competitor's product. That's simply not our style.

However the good feedback here means a lot to us, as we spent over a year making it, and now it is starting to feel like all the work was worth it.

Thanks again.

Guest YellowGecko

Hmmm...seems our competitor's have resorted to some very sneaky tactics now.

We are now not very happy that the people selling their Living Down Under DVD's are now titling their DVD's with our title "Moving To Australia DVD" in an attempt to fool people into buying their product instead of ours on Ebay.

We cannot stress enough to people to please check carefully which actual DVD they are buying.

Our cover sleeve is very different and contains the southern cross stars on the left, and is a mostly dark blue sleeve.

Archived