Transporting Jewellery.

Guest yvonne-d

Guest yvonne-d

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has taken jewellery to oz, got some given to me when my mum died, so would like to know safest way. ie case, hand luggage.

Would wear it but not the sort of things you would wear every day.

Thanks Yvonne.

Guest heieup

I had the same concern, in essence checked in luggage isn't safe enough, shipping with belongings also isn't great with the insurance requirements etc etc. Posting is a no no because you'd have to pay import duty when it arrived.

We have finally concluded that either going like mr T or carrying it in hand luggage is the safest way to go !

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has taken jewellery to oz, got some given to me when my mum died, so would like to know safest way. ie case, hand luggage.

Would wear it but not the sort of things you would wear every day.

Thanks Yvonne.

Be careful. If you are wearing it then it is stuff they can't finger in terms of thinking about import duty on "luxury items."

We got my mother up like a particularly vulgar Christmas tree, to be blunt! Rings on very finger, 5 or six necklaces under her jumper, 2 or 3 visible on top, a couple of valuable bracelets under the sleeves on each arm and more sparklers than were remotely civilised visible everywhere. She looked not unlike Madame Zara, except that Mum's sparklers are the Real Deal, not Romany Rose Rubbish.

Some ladies wear their biggest, sparkliest rocks on a Monday morning with their jeans. Very vulgar indeed but hey - there is no tax on vulgarity in one's taste in personal adornment for every day attire, my friend!!!

Wearing it is also the safest way to prevent anyone from nicking it en route.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest jonny.co@tiscali.co.uk

hi guys.

well at least i know now what to do with all me jewellery.by the time im finished i ll look like ALI G, with all me bling lol:cute:only thing is,by the time i take it off to walk through the security check in,ill have missed my flight.:twitcy:so id better put it in my hand luggage.hope they dont check it,cause they will think ive just done a heist.:biglaugh:

nic xxxx

Guest Les & Woz

Yvonne

I would wear what was sensible and put rest in hand luggage. I never thought about jewellery - now you have got me thinking !!! I was more worried about me ten years supply of M&S knickers and bras lol

Les

Archived