Perth Crime ?

MACDONALDO67

Couple of articles my wife come across (and she's very thorough). The first one reminded me of Britain in a way with the Crime, (Sorry not allowed to use that anymore), The Anti Social Behviour that we have. Surely it's not all like that, is it ? :err:

Mandatory sentencing and Aboriginal crime rates in Australia

The second article had good reviews and bad reviews of Perth. The second page, last post Postee wasn't a happy chappy.

Urban Dictionary: perth

So come on all you Perthites out there is it as bad as they say in those articles ? Does the first article relate to any particular areas that people could do with knowing about ?

Of course if you believe everything you read nobody would come out of their doors.

First artical...I wouldn't worry about. This is more geared towards outback Aborginal towns and other towns were they live. Perth city itself is not like that.

Second artical..well yes that is true. The nearest cities to Perth is Darwin and Adelaide. Both smaller in population.

As for the best beaches, sure they are nice, but not as nice as Sydney Beaches, like Coogee, Maroubra, Terrigal, Avoca, Wamberal...

Guest billy braveheart

there is crime in every country in the world and oz is no different.

but i havnt seen any direct crime as i did in the uk on a regular basis (touch wood)

surely you didnt think that this is a crime free country

there is drugs murders car crime and burglaries,and everything else thats in the uk only the place is so big you dont here of it as much but its here too,

billy

Guest The Picketts

Been here 6 months and haven't experienced any crime first hand or know of anyone who has. Lots of grafitti though - everywhere. Certainly don't hear as many sirens from police/ambulances here in Waikiki as we did in Chingford!!

Cheryl

Archived