My name is Diane(Stay at home Mummy) and am married to Steve (Management Accountant) and have a three year old little boy, Jayden. We currently live in the UK but have decided that we want to move to Australia. This is obviously the biggest decision we will ever make but it is proving to create even more decisions, and really hope that you can help, in any way. I shall list them for easy viewing!
We can't wait to read all your advice etc and are really excited at the prospect of moving over and making a better life for us and our son.
- We are going to Australia this year (for about 3 weeks) to have a look first but do not know where abouts to go, as wherever we visit will be the place we move to eventually.
- Should we stay in a rented house or travel around in a camper van?
- What is the cost of living like? We watch TV programmes which tell us one thing and websites tell us another.
- Should steve be lloking to earn the same there as he does in the UK?
- Which City would be the best for Steve's work?
- Once a city is chosen (as we don't want to live in the city) which suburb is good and has a community and good schools)
- We quite like the idea of Adelaide, Brisbane & Sydney... but which is best?
- We have heard that in Brisbane, they do not change their clocks so it gets very dark early... is this true?
- Is it best / easier / expensive to use a migration company or do it yourself?
- Any other advice and general info would be great. Any love or hate stories?
Thank you in advance