The Rellies are coming!!!

ali

In actual fact the in laws arrive on Friday for 6 weeks, we didn't see much of OH's mum and dad when we lived in the same town so this is all a bit daunting. I'm going to be like an addict waiting for my fix of PIO each day.

They're hoping to see Sydney and I've told them Jimboomba is a great place to visit whilst their in the Eastern States Cal!!

I'm actually looking forward to seeing them but 6 weeks - I'm going to need all the support (and aussie wine) I can get.

Ali:goofy:

Guest Ian&Lou

Good luck Ali!! 6 weeks is a hell of a long time isnt it! I couldnt cope with the in-laws or my parents for that long!!!!!!:twitcy:

Lou

x

Guest BullcreekBob

Hiya Ali

6 weeks can be a long long time.

We had Gillian's brother/wife/teenagers come to stay for three weeks. We love them but, by god, it was good to see them go. Too many people together in a confined space for too long can test even the best of friendships.

I would advise that you encourage them to do some exploring by themselves, i.e. go down to Bridgetown for a few days, or the Pemberton forrests. Or better still, you and Nigel go away for a few days for some quality time in Margaret River while the in-laws stay behind and look after the kids.

Take care & enjoy it

Bob in Bull Creek

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Oh Ali :wacko:

Poor you. Well you can always sneak over to mines in you need to scream :arghh::biglaugh:

Janette

We did think of us going away Bob, but the reality is that the last time his mum and dad babysat Alex was 3 and she's 13 next Tuesday. They're actually very nice people and we do love them, but like you said alot of people in one place can be difficult. They did express an interest in seeing Sydney and seemed surprised when we told them how long the flight was - made us realise they didn't have any concept about the size of Aus (I think they thought it was a drive like Preston to London). Got loads of brochures for them to look at for days out whilst we're at work (we did ask them to come in Jan as the kids would be off and we'd be taking time off too), and the train timetable as I'm sure they'll like a journey to Mandurah.

Will make sure I get my daily Fix, keep sending me the happy vibes and I'm sure I'll be ok. I'm now on first name terms with the guy at the bottle shop lol

Ali

hi ali me feeling the same way as you 6 weeks christ thats 42 days of in laws,,,but i suppose at least at 72 and 65years old they are making the effort,not like my parents who didnt want to see us before we left....but thats their problems!!!! have fun gailxxx:)

That's great and I hope mine will come over when we go! You will have a great time and remeber they'll be in holiday mood! Hope you have a fab time together!

Bernie

Guest Andrea Bridge

Jeepers! You are a Saint! Six weeks??? Whose idea was that??? Good luck with it all, and I hope it goes better than expected.... sometimes things do, don't they?

Let us all know how you are getting along, won't you?

Take it easy.

Love, Andrea x x x

A whole 6 weeks - TORTURE - but I am sure it will all go well. You know of course that we will all be thinking.............thank god it isn't us !!!!

Being sensible now.....it will be good to see them and although there will no doubt be days when you feel like pulling your hair out, the 6 weeks will be up before you know it.

Enjoy...................

Looking forward to your little stories.....

Gill

Guest JoanneHattersley
A whole 6 weeks - TORTURE

Gill

Ha! Ha! This will make you laugh then!

The 2nd year we were here we had.......

Jan - my parents for a week

Feb, march and most of April - mother in law and her cousin were here (unable to go anywhere on their own!)

Aug and Sept - Father in law and step mother in law here

Dec - MOther in law arrived back for another 8 weeks! (we bought that ticket tho so we can t really whinge bout that one!)

Guest The 3 Bears

I do feel for you, I don't see my inlaws from one month to the next so I wouldn't be looking forwrd to 6 weeks either. Iv'e just had my Mum and Dad stay for the weekend and that was challenging.

Just try to keep them busy and if your at work during the day then at least your getting a beak from them, it would be worse if you were a stay at home Mum.

Good luck and enjoy. Keep us posted.

The 3 Bears

i shall try to keep our friday night/saturday morning chat when I'm not working, it will be nice to see them and it was their idea for 6 weeks - come to think of it they didn't ask just booked it. It's going to be G R E A T ! ! !

Archived