taking a dog

Guest shazpaul35

Guest shazpaul35

Hi help needed?

where do i start, i have a west highland terrier dog, which we are bringing to oz with us, and im not sure where to start,

can anyone help me please,

thank you shaz

Hiya Shaz, Hope your all well

Not an expert on this by any means as havent got a dog! Our agent gave us a folder full on stuff and in their is a company that ships pets they are called Golden Arrow Shippers on 01588680240. There are all different companies and I think on here there was another one called Airpets.

If I were you I would take you little westie to the Vets and have him checked out to make sure that they think he is fit for the journey, we have done this with our 2 cats. Or just give them a call and ask them for some advise.

Good luck and hope you get the help that you need on here.

When are you going now????

Kimx

Guest Rachael015

Hi Shaz

My and my BF are moving to Sydney on the 21st Jan, and we are taking our dog, she leaves rainy England on the 14th Jan.

We are using Petair and they have been really good and very very helpfull so far, there telephone number is 01725 551 124.

I decided to go with them after reading reviews and touch wood no problems so far.

I'd just give them a call and they will tell you everything you need to know.

Rach

Hi Shaz n Paul,

Can't help you with the dog situation but just wanted to say good to see you posting on the site again!

Good luck with finding a good company, dog's are part of the family after all.

April & Richard

Guest shazpaul35

Thanks for help, will try these numbers.

hopefully kim if all goes well april may time, still dont no where in brisbane yet .

Thanks mrs c nice to here from u to any news on your visa?

Hi,

Yeah, our CO has asked for a few more things, we have got 2 out of the 3, just waiting for a letter to prove my EX is really Him as he has no photographic ID. As soon as that comes through Richard will take all the extra paperwork up to our agent and she said that once the CO has that, it should be a matter of day's.

So the emotions are running a bit high at the moment, still feeling like we are in Limbo!

Thanks for asking though, hope the family are well and Happy New Year to you Guy's.

April

Guest LynTrc

We used jets4pets they were fantastic!!!!We brought our 11 year old golden retriever with us.. its the best thimg we ever did, hes like a puppy again, no aches and pains, in the sea everynight swimming and trying to surf....wonderful and our family feels so complete now hes with us again.

One big tip, dont be tempted to visit your pet in quarantine, our vet advised us against it and after seeing Tobys reaction when we went to pick him up I was so glad we hadnt given in to temptation!!!

Good Luck

Love

Tracey

We used Airpets. They were fantastic and cant fault them at all!

They done all the paperwork for us, stayed in contact with our vet, even collected her from home. (She stayed with a relative after we left as no room in Quarantine). They even called us here in Oz to keep us updated with everything!!

Fantastic company to use.

Hope this helps

Deb xx

Guest shazpaul35

Hi thanks for tips , will get on to this, one thing off list, still have to sort out which area where to go in brisbane?

Guest Colin R

Pinehawk Kennels . I wouldn't have entrusted my babies (2 xJack Russell's)with anyone else other than Andy. Andy knows everything there is to know about shipping animals out of the Uk. My boys arrived in Melbourne none the worse for wear. Andy may not have a flash website nor huge adverts but at the end of the day he is brilliant. will sort the number out if you would like it .

Archived