How do we do a Statutory Declaration?

Guest jenny4nails

Guest jenny4nails

Hi Guys, can anyone help us please?

My hubby has got to do a 'Statutory Declaration' as a company he worked for many years ago went into liquidation, so there is no way we can get a reference from them, so we have to do a statutory declaration for this.

Please can you tell me, what we need to write in this declaration?

We have a Stat. Dec. document that says:

I, NAME of ADDRESS make the following declaration under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959:

TYPE IN YOUR DECLARATION HERE

Then it is signed by an authorised signatory and sent off with the rest of our application.

Any ideas what info we need to include?

Would it just be the dates my hubby worked for them and the date they went into liquidation?

Hope you can help. :err:

Thanks in advance

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

You may have to put his date of birth on there. When we did ours that is basically what we did.

I can't think of anything else we had on there. Hope this helps.

April

Guest hazel and dave

Hi,

Dave was in the same situtation. We included an outline of his responsibilities and duties, we also attached a print out from (i think) companies house website showing the date the company folded etc. We used an agent for our visa app and he said get as much detail as possible in there, they are such a hassle to get sorted that you really don't want to be repeating the process any more than you have to. We also included our address etc at the top as an identifying mark and the solicitor who witnesses the document can also veriy this for you. Good luck

HAzel

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Jenny

Use the template contained in the thread below, I suggest, because it is legally accurate, up to date ad correctly set out:

www.emi-great.com :: View topic - STATUTORY DECLARATION WORDING for use by those in the UK=

Include the info suggesteed by Hazel and Dave.

You won't need to include OH's date of birth in the Stat Dec because that is not what you aretryingto demonstrate via the stat dec.

OH should make his Stat Dec to a solicitor and should take his passport and a utility bill with him, to confirm his identity and address. The solicitor shouldn't charge more than a fiver (in cash, without a recipt) because the ability to admiinster oaths is one of the perks of holding a current practising certificate. Doing Stat Decs, Affidavits etc is not the same thing as giving legal advice so the fiver is beer money for taking up the solicitor's time, basically. (Really stingy firms let it be known that they expect theproceeds of all Stat Decs etc to go into the Christmas Party fund to reduce the costs of that for the Partners - mean, mean, MEAN!!!!)

Cheers

Gill

Archived