Transporting Jewellery

Guest heieup

Odd question this one, but how are people planning to (or how have you already) transported your jewellery to Aus. I have quite a lot, and although not worth an incredible amount it is quite important to me. So do I go on the plane looking like MrT ? and get a whole host of new piercings for my extra pairs of earrings, or is there a more obvious way !!!

Also, when we get there, what have people done for safe storage of valuable items. We won't be stopping with family so will need something secure if we're in a B&B or budget hotel.

Guest PaulnLisa

My sister bought me a leather jewelery roll, from Marks and spencer, it has loads of different compartments in it and easily fit in my hand luggage.

Thanks for the help. Looks like I'll be carrying it in hand luggage then. It did seem like the only obvious way but I just don't like walking around with that value of stuff on me.

Can't get it posted out when I get there as I'll have to pay customs duty on it... I thought of that one but I'm not paying any duty I can possibly avoid !

Archived