Genesis Estate, Coomera, QLD

lynste

Having researched almost all areas of the GC this estate really stood out but may just have been the well presented marketing video I saw lol.

Does anyone one have any feedback both good and bad? Our container arrives beginning of November and would like to have at least narrowed the areas of interest down to single figures before we arrive. Have visited GC for a month last year but never made it any further north than Pacific Pines

TIA

Hi

We rented here for our first year after moving (2014). It was a great base for us at the time. Quick zip up the highway to work ( not in peak times) down south to the coast, next door to theme parks etc. The rent was good - the facilities were used very regularly which was nice and it was a brand new house which was a treat for us have lived in 'do er uppers' for years. Since we left - friends took over our rental - there has been more and more building there. By the end of our tenancy the pool used to get very crowded as there are now so many houses on the estate. It depends what you're looking for but its a bit of a concrete jungle now. House upon house etc. few green areas, but there are nice paved walkways round the estate to cycle on. Several public BBQ's around plus some in the pool area. Lovely lake area too. The houses are built close together and all look very similar although not as much as further up the road in some of the other new estates in Coomera / Pimpama. There is 24 hrs security - you see the cars regularly patrolling around. We never had any issues at all of crime or antisocial behaviour there at all. Most annoying were the builders when trying to sleep I between night shifts Having said that there was a post on one of the FB pages this week of a break in on our old road but thTs the only time I've heard of a problem. Join a couple of the FB pages and it will give you an idea of the area. Coomera community or Northern GC community etc etc.

There is a small shopping area within walking distance which has an IGA, GP, dentist, fish n chips, bottle shop etc.

If you have children, we and the children were very happy with the primary school there. Big but great staff and the kids were v happy.

The surrounding area is developing fast - practically unrecognisable even from 2014 - estate after estate and huge areas of forest cleared for the new Westfield site.

If if I had my time again I would still base myself in that area to start with but would have rented in Coomera Waters estate ( not in the mossie bit) as the houses are further apart, nicer houses and more rec facilities inc a marina, pub, coffee shop, beach. Much prettier there. Plus koalas abound there.

So much personal choice though. We live on Tamborine Mountain now which was always our goal and it's about as far removed from Coomera as you can get lol. But we as a family are the happiest ever up here. Every day I am so grateful to live in the most beautiful place in the world.

Hope that helps. Ask away if I can help further