East or West coast of OZ???

Guest mandy1970

Guest mandy1970

We were decided on Perth as I have a lot of family there but my sister-in-law to be (emigrating as well) has spoken to people and the majority say that Perth is nice but BORING!!! Not a lot to do. We have 3 holidays a year to various countries so are used to travelling (Europe, America.) and are now thinking that Perth may not be accessible to other places and the East coast of OZ might be but we would not know anyone.

It sounds a bit trivial as we are making such a big life changing decision but sometimes its the little things that matter.

We were decided on Perth as I have a lot of family there but my sister-in-law to be (emigrating as well) has spoken to people and the majority say that Perth is nice but BORING!!! Not a lot to do. We have 3 holidays a year to various countries so are used to travelling (Europe, America.) and are now thinking that Perth may not be accessible to other places and the East coast of OZ might be but we would not know anyone.

It sounds a bit trivial as we are making such a big life changing decision but sometimes its the little things that matter.

It's funny that............... I've lived in Perth since 1976 and I can honestly say I've never been bored once. I guess it depends on how you define boring?

I saw Paul McCartney at Subi Oval............. someone at the same concert said it was boring; whereas I thought it was awesome. Same with Dire Straits at Subi Oval too..... I thought that was a magic concert............ others labeled it boring?

We have so many Scottish and Irish friends over here............... the craic is always good............ always something to do.................we are never bored. I seldom visit the pub......... but we have a very active social life. I don't think our 19 year old at home is bored either........ he doesn't get in until 2 or 3 in the mornings at weekends............ we don't see too much of him anyway as he too has a none boring active social life.

We have lived in Sydney, Brisbane; and Darwin.............. had a magic time in each place..................... wouldn't swap any of them for boring Perth.

As with anything else in life.............. it's what you make of it wherever you end up?

On a personal note............... I for one don't for one minute think Perth is the least bit boring!!!

Enjoy your time in Brisbane............. granted, it is very nice over there.

I haven't found Perth boring, but then I'm not the wild party animal that I used to be (it was so long ago I'm begining to wonder if it really happened lol).

My brother lives in QLD and hasn't been out of the country yet in several years. Over in WA they say it's cheaper to travel to Bali than to the east coast, you're only 5 hours away from Singapore and asia is on your doorstep.

However, for the first couple of years, we've decided that we'd like to see what australia has to offer and also WA - the state itself is as big as several European countries put together.

Ali

Guest kazzy01

Perth grows on you. When I first visited last year, I needed to leave after 3 days, I felt so isolated from everything else there. Over a course of 3 months, I went back to Perth 3 times and by the 3rd time I liked it, however I've now emigrated to Oz and the thought never crossed my mind to live there.

I've met aussie's in the UK from Perth and they always say they couldn't wait to get away from it and do not see the attraction, so I guess it's horses for courses.

Guest mandy1970

I hope I didnt offend anyone!

I was actually born in Mt Lawley Perth and my parents (Scots)loved it there but came home for family reasons in the late 70's. My Auntie & Uncle moved there in the 1950's and have never left so they must like it.

We are not wild party animals anymore but Hubby works 4 weeks away and 4 weeks home so we have a lot of time together and like to travel with the kids. Apart from travelling around Oz which goes without saying (excited about that!) I just wondered if going elsewhere was easy and reasonably priced.

It would be interesting to hear where Perth people go on holiday.

Guest beverley

My sister moved to perth a year ago (shes 24), and she loves perth lives in myaree a little south of perth city (well pretty sure thats where it is!). She has said that you definately need a car to get from place to place as the public transport isnt that brilliant. But she is always saying about lovely places that she has been to, and that there are really good places to go out to eat. She has though met up with some family friends who live again i think in rockingham and they have said that there isnt much to do, but my sister said that that is because they never go anywhere further than a 10 min drive! lol

Archived