How long for visa?

Guest Tom the Pom

Guest Tom the Pom

As some of you may already know - patience is not one of my strong points

The wait for my TRA reply proved that!!!

How long - from start to finish is the visa process?

I'll be going for the 175 (formerly 136)

Is it quicker on line? (what is the link???):wub:

I have approx 18 months before I want to land in Oz so when would be the latest I should get the ball rolling???:v_SPIN:

Thanks in advance

Guest The Greens

Hi Tom the Pom,

Like yourself we didn't use an agent and I was lucky to have my sister help me put all our documents and papers together (she's more logical than I). I think the key to putting the application together besides filling out the forms correctly is to keep double checking everything all through the process until you are sure you have everything, certificates, letters anything like that and give them all the information and more that they ask for.

From the day we sent ours by courier to Adelaide to actually getting the Visa granted E-mail, it was 5 months 17 days. We got an acknowledgement after about 2 months, didn't get any case officer notice but then out of the blue, just were told it was granted (GREAT FEELING) . Luckily nothing was missing from our application and all went smoothly, but both myself and my sister kept double checking everything. :GEEK:

A guide to it all is on timeline this is probably the best guide there is. Thing is all cases are different, so it's a bit like saying how long is a piece of string.

Good luck hope all goes well,

Emmy Green

Archived