Are there too many emigrating?

Guest CantSurf

Guest CantSurf

Do you think its is going to be harder to emigrate to oz with all the speculation that too many ppl move from UK to Oz each year?

mark

Guest KP Nuts
Do you think its is going to be harder to emigrate to oz with all the speculation that too many ppl move from UK to Oz each year?

mark

Duh Yeah, because whilst the Gov keep letting freeloaders in to England to suck off the hardworkers of this fine Country then more an more of the hardworkers are going to spend there hard earned to find somewhere better to bring up their familys, which WILL get harder an harder as time goes on an will also cost more an more of that hard earned.

An before anyone has a pop at me, Mrs KP included i am not slating this country (as much as i'd like too(roofer by trade) it's the PC brigade an the Big Gov thats making us all this way.

Mr KP Nut. (no jokey head)

HI mark ,

yes I do think that australia is making things difficult for people to emigrate from the uk. every year they change the rules and I just wonder if they know what they are doing ,you read other peoples stories on this webb site and I think people will try to emigrate somewhere else if australia does not stop moving the goal posts.

I think that if you have some money and speak english are willing to work then that should be enough.

Guest fatpom
HI mark ,

yes I do think that australia is making things difficult for people to emigrate from the uk. every year they change the rules and I just wonder if they know what they are doing ,you read other peoples stories on this webb site and I think people will try to emigrate somewhere else if australia does not stop moving the goal posts.

I think that if you have some money and speak english are willing to work then that should be enough.

Australia probably isn't making it harder. If more are looking at emmigration then Australia can afford to become more selective. The previous gov (Labor - Keating) 10 years ago appeared to favour asian immigration as the realism that Australia is an asiatic country & its survival & prosperity is linked to asia (china particularly). This wasn't a popular move & after the Libs got in (cons) then the pendulum swung back a little. We got in on that policy change (almost certainly). It took 18 months to 3 years to get a visa at that time. The recent emphasis on english tests only reinforces the policy that english speakers are favoured in my view (and with some good reasons as well as not not so good I might add).

Don't forget you're not being allowed to emmigrate to Australia because they think you're a good bloke (or Sheila). :biglaugh: You're allowed in to fulfil an economic need. As the need changes so do the goal posts I suspect.

For us the up side to Australia's rampant racism is that since the wave of asian immigration has occurred pommy bashing (bashing - not literally speaking) has subsided. I've never really experienced but others recall different times. :)

Guest Liz and Paul

I agree with Lynne - once I'm in they can do what they want!!!!

Seriously, though they do change the MODL lists and so once they've got enough people from a certain trade they will remove from the list, so it would be a bummer if you're trade was to disapear from the list.

Liz

I think we also have to remeber that it isn't only brits who want to live in Aus, just about every other nation in the world will be sending off applications. Most countries teach English as a second language so the english test will probably only be a formality for some.

Ali

Guest silverstargazer38

3_11_7v.gif The more people moving there. I would think more housing needed,

more tradies needed. Australia is a very big place. So I think should be ok.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZN

Guest John Sydney

What you have to remember before Australia decided to charge for application to emigrate to Australia more than 3million people applied each year thats why Australia charges a couple hundred dollars up front if you don't want to spend the money then they don't have to do anything. The Australian Govn changes the mix each year on immigration depending on what Australia workers needs are They also change each year the requirements needed to complete immigration - Sometimes due to loop holes being found in the procedures which may or are being exploited. Right now the economy is booming therefore they need as many bodies as they can get - this may not last For ever This year 2007-2008 Annual intake into Australia is set at about 176,000 plus families if the economy slows this will be reduced

Lastly you got to remember all applications are accepted or rejected on the same World wide standard as Australia cannot give better treatment to Poms than or some one from Africa This would be Racism at its worst. However they can make it easier for Poms by increasing the requirement for English - which is what they have done

Guest joksand

Hi

I took the original post in a slightly different way - it got me thinking about the impact a huge influx of people is have on Australia's natural resources.

We've got the visa's and we're going, but I must admit I do find myself worrying (as if I haven't got enough to worry about already!) about how building loads of new houses, increased demand for water and food is going to affect the environment. I trust (hope!!) the Government has taken all this into account in it's demand for immigrants.

As for the application process - I think it will remain the same until they have what they need. It was a long tough process, but I think Australia is a better country for that.

Right, I'll go and do some cleaning (got someone viewing the house tonight!) perhaps it'll take my mind off the worrying!!!

Jo

Guest maxxangel
Hi

I took the original post in a slightly different way - it got me thinking about the impact a huge influx of people is have on Australia's natural resources.

We've got the visa's and we're going, but I must admit I do find myself worrying (as if I haven't got enough to worry about already!) about how building loads of new houses, increased demand for water and food is going to affect the environment. I trust (hope!!) the Government has taken all this into account in it's demand for immigrants.

As for the application process - I think it will remain the same until they have what they need. It was a long tough process, but I think Australia is a better country for that.

Jo

That's a very good point. Hopefully they will slow down on the influx way before the population starts impacting too much on the eco system.

Cara

Archived