skilled migration changes

Guest the stanleys

Guest the stanleys

Hi all

We have now had confirmation that we have passed our skills assessment and can progress with the visa application. we have been advised to do this asap due to the changes occuring in the skilled migration program from September. Does anyone know if it will cause problems if we did leave it a while i.e a few weeks as my husband has just come out of hospital and at the moment we have other things to sort out? We still want to go ahead but need a bit of breathing space at the moment.

Guest Jo & John

I dont believe it will, as you have been passed on the tra. I believe the change is more to do with the process on getting to that stage rather than past it. We too have just passed the skills, and needed to get it in to avoid the new changes so we are ok too. By the way I thought it was my post for a minute as we too are the Stanleys, but from the west midlands.

Hi

You need to get your visa application in to immi before Sept 1st to go under the 'old' points system.

Depends on what visa your applying for and how many points you have/need.

The main change thats going to affect everyone after Sept 1st in the points for English Language.

I would talk in over with an agent if you have one or phone one anyway if you dont.

Passing the TRA is good but if you dont have enough points you'll have problems.

Sam x

Agreed - there are material changes to the skilled migration program affecting applications lodged with the Department of Immigration on or after 01/09/2007:

Changes to the General Skilled Migration Programme - Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration

If you know you have a skilled permanent residency visa pathway available now I would be taking steps to ensure you lodge your visa application before the end of August. Technically all you need lodge for (say) a Skilled Independent visa application is:

- a completed form 47SK

- the positive skills assessment classification

- the Visa Application Charge

Other documents can follow subsequently, although best practice is to submit all required papers with the visa application (see the relevant visa checklist on the immi.gov.au website).

In case of need: Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Contact and Feedback

Best regards.

Archived