So At Last Getting back To Wa

legoman

Well my year is up plus a little extra, came back as youngest son wanted to return to the uk as soon as leaving school in Perth, asked me o give it a year here in the UK. He now says he applying end of this year now for the army which is now for him to do as I want to return to Perth and my eldest and grandchildren. A little nervy as I am 53 but I did ok there the years I ws there and kept in with many inc old employers. My house goes on market next week and I hope tobring back 375-400k dollars and will look to have a house build if I can, I was offered a 30 year mortgage when i was there so hopefully my age wont affect my chances. Whats the full story on house builds? cost etc and although i still hold my gas ticket and plumb trades lic I would prefer to get away from that. Is the downturn taking affect there, my son is a little biased with his opinions as he wants me there asap too. getting work here in my trade was quite easy in the uk. hope its the same there. Think I just looking for positives :-) :cool:

There was an article in the West Australian just last week about a chronic shortage of tradies, specially in the house building game. I know it sounds like a good idea to change trades and a move over to WA might seem a good time to try something else. Sometimes though it's best to do what you are trained in and when you have your house and a few dollars in the bank, settled in a nice neighbourhood, it might be time to think about a change of career then.

Good luck and welcome back.

Good luck to you, legoman. I don't know about WA but plumbers and gas fitters are in high demand over here in Vic. I don't think you would have too many probs at all. Last plumber we had was an old ( and I mean old) ex Londoner who looked a bit like my grandad ( and I am old myself!!). He was great, very competent though he charged like the proverbial wounded bull. No matter, as the job was well done. It is cheaper to build yourself as I am sure you know- you should be just fine.