Got my Australian passport today!

Aunt Agatha

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you had more success than me - Auspost took the photos, but when I came back with them (one signed) they said they weren't good enough photo quality...

Oh that's annoying! I thought our application form may be rejected as the person who was our "validator" (can't think of the word!) made a couple of mistakes and had to cross things out but it was all good. Can't believe Auspost rejected their own photos!

@parleycross I am excited to be Aussie, we've been here for 11 years and have loved it. I love the UK too and love being British. It's just time to move back that's all.

Aunt Agatha, any thought of being slightly hypocritical moving back to UK after getting Passports/Citizenship. It's always strange hearing people do that (as we did), like we came, we saw, we conquered, we buggered off LOL.

Shouldn't be allowed but there ya go

Aunt Agatha, any thought of being slightly hypocritical moving back to UK after getting Passports/Citizenship. It's always strange hearing people do that (as we did), like we came, we saw, we conquered, we buggered off LOL.

Not at all @jasepom. We have lived here and contributed here for 11 years. We have been entitled to citizenship for years, it's just taken us this long to get around to applying for our passports. We never intended to emigrate here but ended up staying as we liked it. We bought a house here, worked here, had our children here and have lived as citizens for a long time.

Now our parents are seriously ill we are MBTTUK. Not sure where the hypocrisy is in that? Why shouldn't it be allowed? Would you object to a native-born Australian moving to another country?

Shouldn't be allowed but there ya go

Get over it! How it affects you I have no idea and I thought citizenship was granted AFTER being here 4+ years, (which Aunt Agatha has been) NOT having to stay 4+ years after youve become a citizen!

I didn't actually know when I made my vows last year that DH's Mum was going to be diagnosed with breast cancer. We certainly aren't "hopping on the first plane out", as I said we have been happy in Australia for a long time and have been entitled to citizenship for eight years I think - hardly a "take the money and run" situation!