Bricklayers

Guest paulacox

Guest paulacox

We are thinking about moving to Aus, we have two children aged 16 and 10. The older one does not want to come with us. As she is going to college in september 07. :sad: My husband is a bricklayer for over 18 years. Another couple of years will be to old to make the move, with are thinking about gold coast (burleigh waters and burleigh heads or near there) does any one know if they still needs bricklayers around the area and if so what do they get paid? any information about renting houses would be great

thankyou

Guest drew&pud

Hi ya

I am a bricklayer as well and are going just north of Brisbane hopefully mid September if all goes well.

If you want to do it, go for it otherwise you might spend a lot of time thinking what if!

As far as I know there is still a high demand for brickies (isn't it nice to feel wanted) not shaw about wages but they should be similar to here, s'pose it depends on what kind of job you work on.

As far as the rentals go try www.realestate.com.au

Good luck and hope you make the right choice

drew&pud

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rick n steph hoggard

Hi paulacox,they need bricklayers,joiners,plasterers ,you name it they need it .I am 44 and just got back into my trade (Bricklayer)after ten years out of it.I went for a recce last october and they cant keep up with demand.Go for it you are only here once!!!

Guest Scarletfever

Yep....same here...44 chippy.. Been off the tools for 5 years or so, but gotta be worth a spin aint it?

Dan

Guest scott 1979
We are thinking about moving to Aus, we have two children aged 16 and 10. The older one does not want to come with us. As she is going to college in september 07. :sad: My husband is a bricklayer for over 18 years. Another couple of years will be to old to make the move, with are thinking about gold coast (burleigh waters and burleigh heads or near there) does any one know if they still needs bricklayers around the area and if so what do they get paid? any information about renting houses would be great

thankyou

Good luck were on our way to oz next week new life eh im a bricky going to Brisbane im going there because it seems like there is more work for brickys there than anywhere else we cant wait i,ll let you know in a few weeks what the score is with wages etc I dont think you will be making a bad move gofor it mate

Guest wackyjacky

:yes:hi hubby is bricklayer and we are off to perth 12th July OOOHHHH MMMyYYY GGOODDD only 3 a nd a bit weeks !!:swoon: once we are settled we will let you know how the work is , have a friend there who we are staying with first of all and she said there is sooo much building work all over perth , and suburbs are expanding upwards beacuse of a new rail way line , go for it you only live once and you acn always come back!:no:

Archived