5 months left in OZ. HELP

milo 52

Hi everyone,

Have not been on here for a while been working out bush. Sadly my sponsor felt though over here so only got 5 months left in OZ and want to have a awesome last 5 months. See the bits of Australia and do trips that I have missed out on. I want to do the Reef, Rock and deep see fishing at Port Douglas. Did anyone do any great tours or safe in a great places.

Cheers Milo

Guest Dave53

I'm a PR , so I may not be fully up to speed with WHV regulations etc . , but as I understand it , if you manage 3 months rural work , does that not qualify you for a 12 months extension to your WHV , so why not do your 3 months rural in the remaining 5 months you have left , and have a " awesome " 17 months instead of 5 ..

Dave C

I'm a PR , so I may not be fully up to speed with WHV regulations etc . , but as I understand it , if you manage 3 months rural work , does that not qualify you for a 12 months extension to your WHV , so why not do your 3 months rural in the remaining 5 months you have left , and have a " awesome " 17 months instead of 5 ..

Dave C

All right Dave53

I have done that, I am on my last year been here for the last year and a half ish. so want do have a awesome last few months.

Hi Milo, Enjoy your time - an enviable way of spending your last 5 months, but sorry to hear of your sponsor falling through. I didn't do any rock or deep sea fishing in Port Douglas when I went there - but enjoyed the wonderful 4 mile beach - I seem to remember a fabulous meal in Mango Jams? I think it was called. Is that still there anyone? A great place to visit, I remember driving a BMW Z4 convertible from Cairns to Port Douglas, hood down, down temp beats on, car sticking to the bendy coastal road at speed, my wife's blonde hair billowing in the wind.....a real 'one of those moments' in your lifetime.