Will mu Uk fridge freezer work in Oz?

Kcalbv

Hi

My advice - if you're moving into your own place with a family, then take everything. All electricals as stated above work the same. If re-wiring get it done professionally or use an adapter.

Everything is a cost especially time.

If its just you and partner, then don't bother because you can get good second-hand items or new (a bit costlier).

Personally I would disagree with the advice above .... Although I agree that the fridge should be able to be connected, it is often said that moving fridges shortens their life span. When the move is over sea and several months, I'm not sure you can guarantee it will still be serviceable when you arrive here.

Add to that, what will you do about a fridge in the meantime? If you are sending your goods by sea, expect it to take 2 months at least, perhaps 3. You can either pack up early in the UK, and have your goods shortly after you arrive, or pack up late in the UK, and await your goods in Australia. Either way, you will have a gap of several weeks one end or the other - unless you are going into furnished rented one end or the other.

So if it was me, I would sell or give away the fridge in the UK, and buy new in Aus. Most other things I would ship though.

Personally I would disagree with the advice above .... Although I agree that the fridge should be able to be connected, it is often said that moving fridges shortens their life span. When the move is over sea and several months, I'm not sure you can guarantee it will still be serviceable when you arrive here.

I have a fridge that I've had for 14 years and has moved house with me 6 times, including the move to Australia and still works as well now as it did when I bought it. My other fridge and separate freezer also came with us and also still work fine. As long as you allow the gas to settle before turning them on there shouldn't be any problems.