A huge thank you PERTH!!

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for making my first trip to Perth so wonderful. I really didn't want to come home, there are people I could have chatted with for 2 weeks solid and never stopped. Actually I think I would have lost my voice first. The morning after I'd met Ali my voice was nearly gone lol, can't understand why:biggrin:

Firstly John, without you this wouldn't have happened, so thank you so much :hug:

Lots of you offered me a place to stay, airport pick ups and drop offs and days out and I really appreciate those offers although I am stubborn and don't like putting anyone out.

A huge thank you to two beautiful ladies for my wonderful gifts, one is in my bedroom although my son keeps wanting to pinch it because he loves the smell, the other is in my car and the other is in my bathroom and I will have a long relaxing soak and use it.

Its really strange as I didn't want to come I was really nervous but the get together was brilliant, no one was left on the sidelines (apart from flag but that's his own silly fault) and whilst out with Rossmoyne and Ali it was like I'd known them both years, in fact me and Ali didn't want to let each other go and continued chatting even after she had left.

Perth - ok I can't judge because I didn't see a lot but what I did see I loved. Rossmoyne took me to King Park, how beautiful it was, we then went to somewhere beginning with C and then to Freo (I loved all the old fashioned buildings and the harbour as well as the little street full of coffee shops) then Ali, I forgot to tell you but we drove what Rossmoyne said was Ali's Road back in to the city, I can't remember the real name of it, you had the river on your left.

I have to come back I really do, in fact I'd be back next week if finances would permit.

Ive heard people say Perth closes at 9pm which seems strange as I was in the Boheme from 3:30 until 10:30 and people were still coming in when I left.

i stayed in the Comfort Inn (Wentworth) have to say it was a great location and cheap for the city. Its old fashioned but spotless and the staff are lovely.

I haven't had so much fun and laughter in a long time (apart from my trip with BobJ which was a different kind of fun) although I'm thoroughly exhausted now.

thanks Perth for having me.:notworthy:

Kate ,it was great to meet you too ,so sorry we didn't have a long chat but I feel the same with everyone else that was there , we didn't have enough time to chat , was like a whirlwind ......its strange but since the night out I`ve had like a sad gut feeling, missing you all already....:yes: its such a shame the night came to an abrupt(sudden) end on our behalf as we had to pick the car up before 10pm or the car park would be closed ...........

looking forward to the next one..........:hug: x

Guest The Pom Queen
:cry:

Stop crying you wuss, you could have come. Maybe next time :wink: I'm already working on John and Rob to see what we can do, the problem is I want one next week, but they are looking at next year :cry:

Guest The Pom Queen
we could all fly out to Cairns for a weekend chaps ......? :biggrin:............

Sounds good to me. Dom can then meet Stacy and Paul.

I know what you mean Nick about not having enough time! it just flew by and I was there for 7 hours.

I'm glad you liked our City Kate and from all the messages, PIO and PP Perthites certainly loved having you here. Certainly, next time I might have to take the day off just to fit in all we want to talk about as not only were we texting on my way home, but the day after when I had a break and in between your flights ... only the pilot telling passengers to turn off their mobiles interrupted us.

I am so glad you came over and I got the chance to spend a few hours with you. The 'meet' really sounds as though it went really well ... they're not a bad mob in Perth are they.

Guest The Pom Queen
I'm glad you liked our City Kate and from all the messages, PIO and PP Perthites certainly loved having you here. Certainly, next time I might have to take the day off just to fit in all we want to talk about as not only were we texting on my way home, but the day after when I had a break and in between your flights ... only the pilot telling passengers to turn off their mobiles interrupted us.

I am so glad you came over and I got the chance to spend a few hours with you. The 'meet' really sounds as though it went really well ... they're not a bad mob in Perth are they.

I thought they had a cheek telling me to turn my phone off (umm it was the second time as well lol) we had so much to chat about.

maybe we need a girls weekend somewhere just me and you, although we may have to stop talking so that you eat and drink, don't worry I can manage the full weekend without and won't even need toilet breaks pmsl :laugh: I can get some Walkie talkies so if you want to go it won't stop us chatting :wink:

I thought they had a cheek telling me to turn my phone off (umm it was the second time as well lol) we had so much to chat about.

maybe we need a girls weekend somewhere just me and you, although we may have to stop talking so that you eat and drink, don't worry I can manage the full weekend without and won't even need toilet breaks pmsl :laugh: I can get some Walkie talkies so if you want to go it won't stop us chatting :wink:

PMSL .. at the visuals i'm getting ... in the loos and still chatting on a walkie talkie. Don't forget to ask Nat about ideas ... and i'll give him his first commission lol

Thank you PQ.... it was wonderful spending that time with you and showing a little of what our wonderful city/metro area has to offer. And Ali, we drove back to the city from Fremantle along Leach Hwy and up the Kwinana Freeway so she could see the city from Mt Henry Bridge and as we were on the Bridge I just mentioned that you had said on PP a few times that this was your fave view of the city.... One of mine too actually! Looking forward to spending time together again PQ..... er and wear your crown next time please!!!

:laugh:

Thanks for making it possible Kate. Hopefully we can all get together again some time including Ali and Rossmoyne. How about booking into a country hotel en masse? We could all chip in and hire a function room. The PIO conference:)

Now that sounds like a good idea.... really wanted to be there Wednesday but had family stuff that took over.....

Stop crying you wuss, you could have come. Maybe next time :wink: I'm already working on John and Rob to see what we can do, the problem is I want one next week, but they are looking at next year :cry:

he will be coming with me next time ! ... if it is next year my boxes should be unpacked and I will have trousers that fit ... lost almost two stone since I emigrated and my smaller trousers are somewhere in about 50 boxes ...

he will be coming with me next time ! ... if it is next year my boxes should be unpacked and I will have trousers that fit ... lost almost two stone since I emigrated and my smaller trousers are somewhere in about 50 boxes ...

I've done the opposite Bottler!! Think I've put one on!!