water shortage- do you pay to have your pool filled up?

Guest donovan

Guest donovan

Hiya

moving to Pacific Pines this year and just wondered does it cost you to have your pool filled up, due to the water shortage? my brother in law who lives in Brisbane seems to think so, they also monitor your water usage.

Sarahx

Hi Sarah,

Not sure about how this works in Pacific Pines but in NSW you have to pay approx $400 to have pool filled - if you are having a new pool built the filling is normally included in the overall fee of the building of the pool.

hiya

Due to the new level 5 restrictions that are coming into place if you have a new or renovated pool you must pay a private transporter to fill it up ,you can then top up using any rain water collected in tanks,alot of companys are now including water in the price of a pool but not all ,prices will vary dependant on the size of pool from $200-$500 ,,hope this helps

Cal x

..And it doesn't end there! Our pool needs continual topping up, and I would strongly recommend a pool cover.( Although I think you have to have one fitted to new pools, don't you?). I keep it low because it seems irresponsible to use lots of water with a water shortage. Oh and water is expensive! To make myself feel better, I have let the grass die, and my son gets away with only an occasional wash, thus saving water.

Yours environmentally,

LC.

Guest Fat Boy Fat

You can always invite your friends round and have a pool filling party. It's easy buy 3 slabs of beer and everyone........well you get the idea

Archived