Skype - best thing since sliced bread

Stuju

:chatterbox:

Hi All, just wondering how many of you use Skype ??? if you havent heard of it - it really is great and you can skype out or in and have up to five different people (different countries) on the line at once, its free to your contacts and really cheap if you have to ring back to the uk once in oz especialy for those numbers that it takes ages to get through on i.e.banks. Also you can send text messages to mobile phones on skype to any mobile in any country and its is cheaper than using a aussie mobile to text uk etc. Of course theres the web cam that goes with skype so you can see each other and chat.

:v_SPIN: I hear now that skype re trying to set up uk tv online to download and watch for next to nothing this will be great if it comes off.

I am skype addict its a brilliant lifeline to the rest of the world

Its good to talk (oooh thats BT !!!) :biglaugh:

Guest Scarletfever

Yep, same here, I use Skype for phoning my sis in Brisbane and also for people stuck in our head office. Our MD has tended to think it'd be a lot cheaper for the surveyors to call in on Skype than use our mobiles.....You can tell how tight he is from that alone!!! I got worried when I asked him for a pay rise and he started to laugh so hard he nearly choked...........git.:arghh:

yes I have used Skype. Last year when my wife and kids went over to Switzerland for 2 weeks and left me behind cos I didn't have enough holidays left (her family are there currently), we used Skype webcam to keep in touch, my daughter just started to walk while they were over there and I could watch her through the webcam, it was great, though I was sad I wasn't there in person for her first steps. THANK GOD FOR THE INTERNET!

Guest sneaky

How do

Been on skype a long time now, dont forget you can send pictures, videos and files on it, and its all free:jiggy:

To anyone whos not got skype, get it now. (even my dad uses it, and i think hes still got a betamax:wacko: )

Download it for free www.skype.com

Hi All, Thought there might be a few skype users here in poms in oz, messenger is good too.

but i dont think you can beat skype - espec for texting to mobiles as it even tells you when the text is delivered. Alot of business back in the uk are using skype too now and its becoming very popular world over,

just so you know - if you are in the process of moving to oz and wish to continue using skype, once here you do not need a new account just alter your destination and that also applies to ebay (woudnt wanna loose all the gd feedback you have built up)

Guest oz migration

Hi

Have to agree Skype is great tool for commuications. We have used it since 2001, only 200,00 users now there is nealry 10,000,000.

Also on Skype there is Skypecasts, which we use to deliver weekly Forums (online live chat - immigration to Australia).

Voipcheap is another low cost (free calls - http://www.voipcheap.com) provider.

Kind regards

Chris

• 1 year later...
Guest Yorkshirefolk

Hiya ... does anyone know about Skye mobiles ? I understand they are about £40 and they are pay as you go as long as you top up with £10. ut how long does the £10 last if your not using it as a normal mobile ... just for skype?

If I buy one here will it still work there?

Gratefuly for any help.

Liz

Hi,

Skype , now that sounds like a good idea Ju.

Should i get that??? lol

perhaps i could send you an email or 3 or 4 emails and you could talk me through it like yesterday!!!!!!! lol

I'll ask Mark and see what he says!!!!!

Yes , i like the idea of that ( don't move from your computer!!!)

Thanks for your help yesterday Ju , now going to send you another email but couldn't resist replying to this thread when i saw it!! lol me and skype!!:twitcy:

Gail xx

Guest Ian Laverick

Can anyone recommend a skype phone - seems to be a lot of choice.

Never used skype before, but interested as we are emigrating soon.

Are the cordless any good ?

Do they all get routed thru' your computer ?

Headsets any good ?

Any feedback from those who have some exp. with skype would be appreciated.

Thanks - Ian

Archived