Form 80 Question

Guest Gump

Hi,

Could somebody please shed some light on the following...

Question 23, list all countries that you have visited in the past 10 years, including dates.

I know where I have been but I have no idea of the dates. Should I leave these out should I just put the country and the length of stay.

Most of these have been weekend breaks (leave friday, come home sunday)

Any advice would be appreciated,

Gump

Hi, No it does mean holiday destinations not just where you've lived. I have no idea why they want so much info!

Anyway, I just listed the countries that we'd holiday'd in and guessed the dates! They didn't question it. There is no way of providing this information unless you get your passport stamped in every country or keep your collect flight tickets!!

Guest photogirl

Hi there,

I'm at same question and spoke to my agent about dates, they said if you could put inany dates we could remember, month and year would be good,

Hi Gump

I don't think I can help but out of interest which visa is that you're applying for? I didn't have to answer that for my general skilled 136 application. On my form question 23 was about where I planned to live in Australia.

good luck with it!

Debs

Guest neil smith

I have been abroad ton of times so this question really scared me especially as we spent 15 months travelling in 2003! but that proved to be the easy part as I still had all the stamps in my passport,

All together I could account for 38 trips abroad, but then I had been on a load of euoropean trips too which you do not get passport stamps for any more so I just listed what I could remember and what year I thought they were in then just put below "various eouropean city breaks" I think they are more concerned about major countries visited (I hope so anyway!!! we'll soon find out, our official application should hit Aussie soil today!!

Guest kimdownie

Debs64 I can confirm what Banoff has said. The form 80 needs submitted for anyone on the application who is over 16. I spoke to the embassy myself about this because I didnt know if I needed to do one for just being a spouse. And I did.

Hi Gump,

I had this form on my application (spouse visa) and i had to list all the countries i had holidayed in & countries i have lived in during the last 10 years - i only just remembered the approx year dates and put the best info that i could, i woudnt leave any date spaces put in the best info that you can - i shoudnt worry too much i think they are only really worried about the major bad countries if you get what i mean

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

We had my mother's current passport, issued in 2003, plus the passport before that. There are hundreds of stamps in them both because she was going to Oz for 6 months, then going to somewhere like Thailand for two weeks, then back to Oz for another 6 months before returning to the UK.

I decided that Question 23 was so exasperating and unnecessary that I just photocopied both of the passports, got them both certified and sent them to the CO with a covering letter explaining that I had been completely unable to work out the dates of Mum's travels myself. My attitude was, "If you want this unnecessary information that badly, you'll have to figure it out for yourselves" though I couched it in more diplomatic terms and just acted thick!

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

PS On the subject of Form 80, I had an interesting chat with an Aussie Immi solicitor & migration agent the other day, on another forum.

According to him, there is no legal necessity for DIAC to request form 80 and no reason for anyone to complete it. He says that there are documents which are listed in Schedule 1 or something, and the application cannot be a valid application without those. However, he said that Form 80 is not on the list so as far as he is concerned, people can't be forced to complete it. Apparently some COs never ask for it unless they have reason to think it is necessary. Others want it every time.

He conceded that if they ask for it and you refuse to complete it, they might make an adverse decision about one's application, though, or they might simply defer making a decision till they get Form 80 back.

His own attitude is that if they really think they need all the info in Form 80 then they should ask for it in the application form.

Cheers

Gill

Guest surfersi

I travel extensively for my work, in the end I only put down according to which stamps where in my passport

Guest The.Colebecks

This info is proably too late now but I spoke to my agent today about Form 80, I wasn't sure if we needed to fill it out or if they do - he said that in 99% of cases Adelaide do not even request this information - he said we could complete it by all means but it was a lot of hassle for a 1% chance of the information being asked for. :nah:

Karen

Archived