Hello from Missiemo in Mount Martha,Victoria

Guest Missiemo

Guest Missiemo

Hi Guys

Long time since my last post, just wanted to let you know how things are going.

First, things I love about Australia:

The Beach

The weather

The Fruit (yummy)

The very large houses

The cheap meals eating out

Things I am not so sure about

The Driving ( no one seems to want to give way to anybody here)

The Bl***y Spiders (giving me nightmares)

Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire puddings (c**p at making my own)

Christmas on the beach - not had the expericence yet but think I might miss the cosy fire and cold weather (I know sad)

Not having friends (guys I miss you so much)

The roads very busy, with really scary junctions

That is just some of the things I miss and love

Otherwise, we have brought some land in Mount Martha near Mornington, to build our own home on, with views of the bay, can also see Melbourne in the distance.

Children has settled really well and love Australia, they are doing more now then ever back home.

Hubby is working but work does seem a bit patchy here which can be a worry when you have a family, but everyone seems really laid back about it so trying not to stress.

Hope you are all well and getting visa's sorted, see you soon

Missiemo

Hi Mo,

Great to hear from you! Australia still sounds lovely and I don't want to get there any less but this waiting game is driving me insane! We've got a case officer and we're sorting out some extras she has requested.

Probably not going to make Perth until after Christmas now which suits us as long as it happens soon after that or my twins wont be starting school with all the other Aussie sprogs!

Really pleased it has all worked out so well for you and your family, you must have been busy!

:D Beki :D

Guest Missiemo
Hi Mo,

Great to hear from you! Australia still sounds lovely and I don't want to get there any less but this waiting game is driving me insane! We've got a case officer and we're sorting out some extras she has requested.

Probably not going to make Perth until after Christmas now which suits us as long as it happens soon after that or my twins wont be starting school with all the other Aussie sprogs!

Really pleased it has all worked out so well for you and your family, you must have been busy!

:D Beki :D

Hi Beki

Lovely to hear from you, sounds like things are moving on even if they are a bit slow.

Fingers crossed for you honey.

Keep us updated

Mo

Guest scott&lisa

Hi Mo,

It certainly is an emotional rollercoaster once you arrive in Oz isn't it!

Some days I feel great and know I've made the best decision to move here :D and other days I feel lonely as I miss family and friends :cry: .

However I have to admit the good days far outweigh the bad ones - which I hope is the case for you!!

If you ever fancy a chat or to meet up just let me know! :D

Take care

Lisa.

Hi Mo

Glad to hear that you are enjoying yourselves. Know what you mean about the driving, bloody great big roads and cars!

Spiders not seen any yet, but keep looking out for them, seen some big cochroaches thou!

Take care

Jackie

Guest fatpom

Interesting you should comment on the driving?

I've drawn the following conclusion about Australian drivers (much to their ire).

Australians drive with:-

the rules of the Poms,

the cars of the Yanks,

the emotions of the Italians,

the arrogance of the French,

the skills of the Asians (sub-continent asains)

& the blood alcohol of the Greeks.

:lol:

Guest Missiemo

Interesting you should comment on the driving?

I've drawn the following conclusion about Australian drivers (much to their ire).

Australians drive with:-

the rules of the Poms,

the cars of the Yanks,

the emotions of the Italians,

the arrogance of the French,

the skills of the Asians (sub-continent asains)

& the blood alcohol of the Greeks.

:lol:

Oh very good, that did make me smile.

Take Care

Mo

Guest Missiemo
Hi Mo,

It certainly is an emotional rollercoaster once you arrive in Oz isn't it!

Some days I feel great and know I've made the best decision to move here :D and other days I feel lonely as I miss family and friends :cry: .

However I have to admit the good days far outweigh the bad ones - which I hope is the case for you!!

If you ever fancy a chat or to meet up just let me know! :D

Take care

Lisa.

Hi Lisa

I would love to catch up sometime, will PM you

Mo

x

Guest stuckinblighty

Hi Mo !!!

Keep on posting cos i need to know if i'm doing the right thing moving over there !!

Hows it going ? got anything i really need to know about aus ? would you do it again knowing what you know now ???

Regards,Lee

Guest Missiemo
Hi Mo !!!

Keep on posting cos i need to know if i'm doing the right thing moving over there !!

Hows it going ? got anything i really need to know about aus ? would you do it again knowing what you know now ???

Regards,Lee

would you do it again knowing what you know now ???

That is the hardest question you have ever asked me, can not answer that at the moment, ask me again in two months.

Otherwise we are fine has that visa aaplication gone yet?

Mo

Hiya, Mo

Really pleased to hear from you. You are the one person whose progress I've been most interested in, as I must have joined the forum about the time you were counting down the days. Well I'm still stuck here with absolutely no progress whatsoever, no case officer yet but trying not to stress. Great to hear how much you have done and that the kids have settled in. Reading between the lines it's maybe not so clear whether you have, so hope you are still feeling as positive and upbeat about the experience as you were before. Summer's on the way for you, and here it's torrential rain..that MUST make you smile!!

Nico

Archived